Rolex GMT2 bi-metal - any experts?

WINKJ

Hi all,

Just put a deposit down and collecting a new GMT2 (

Rolex S/G O/P Black Ceramic Bezel GMT-Master II B&P 116713LN)

Has anyone got one of these and or know much about them? I have read up on forums, Google etc but thought I would just try the forum! :)

James

• Like 1

Hi all,

Just put a deposit down and collecting a new GMT2 (

Rolex S/G O/P Black Ceramic Bezel GMT-Master II B&P 116713LN)

Has anyone got one of these and or know much about them? I have read up on forums, Google etc but thought I would just try the forum! :)

James

I buy and sell Rolex's as a hobby. Nice watch depends what you paid for it.

Did you get the box and papers and check it out on the stolen Rolex Register

as if its stolen and you take it for a service you will loose it..Ask the seller for the serial No.

Are you buying it from a dealer ? :thumbs: PM me if you don't want to put it on here.

When you said "new", is it new to you or second hand..???. If its a brand new watch don't worry.

Edited by WhackyWill
  • Like 1

Worst I have a Rolex thread ever! ;)

This isn't helpful in the slightest but I find them quite ugly. Same as a Breitling, just too busy. If I had 4-5k to spend on a watch it would go on a Grand Carrera I think.

Hope you're aware of the need for having it serviced every few years at a cost of a few hundred.

And it won't probably won't keep the most accurate time.

And it can't do anything near what what a casio F-91W does.

Well aware thanks...standard for a decent watch.

Good point on the casio..... Really wish I got one of those instead now. What a mistake

• Like 1

Worst I have a Rolex thread ever! ;)

This isn't helpful in the slightest but I find them quite ugly. Same as a Breitling, just too busy. If I had 4-5k to spend on a watch it would go on a Grand Carrera I think.

I don't have one yet! Next week. Thanks for the help but it seems I have found my man in whackywill!

• Like 1

Hope you're aware of the need for having it serviced every few years at a cost of a few hundred.

Well aware thanks...standard for a decent watch.

Good point on the casio..... Really wish I got one of those instead now. What a mistake

:lol:

both are equally cool/quality products. I'm a 50 year submariner man myself.

but pretty much the only time i wear the casio these days is when the green one is in for the service. and the time i did the solo mission with no plans set to Mexico and my friends worried to much about it getting me in trouble there and asked me to leave it at home.

Edited by chips

Love that Casio. :lol: :lol:

$_35.JPG

Edited by WhackyWill

I've an Oyster Perpetual Datejust that was a 21st birthday gift. Lovely thing, I only ever wear it on special occasions though so 100% accuracy isn't important to me. I'll pass it down the family as an heirloom probably, it's already gained a fair bit of value since it was bought for me so might help my kids out in the years to come. :)

Or I'll flog it and buy a Ferrari if it suddenly shoots up in value!

• Like 1

I've an Oyster Perpetual Datejust that was a 21st birthday gift. Lovely thing, I only ever wear it on special occasions though so 100% accuracy isn't important to me. I'll pass it down the family as an heirloom probably, it's already gained a fair bit of value since it was bought for me so might help my kids out in the years to come. :)

Or I'll flog it and buy a Ferrari if it suddenly shoots up in value!

Stainless Steel with white gold fluted bezel and Jubilee Bracelet in Stainless Steel

or 18ct yellow gold bezel with two tone Jubilee Bracelet in stainless and 18ct gold. ?.

Not much difference in second hand value, maybe about £500 to £750 difference.

Condition is more important and if it comes with box and papers. :thumbs: .

Now that I have kept, and it's all absolutely mint too :thumbs:

I prefer the 36mm Datejust than the new style 40mm Datejust.

But that's just me. :thumbs:

Got a few Rolex Tudors as well, always undervalued. :thumbs:

• Like 1