which one to buy

nigess

I have another question which will have a bearing on which version I get. Has anyone here had experience of Horsham Developments. I have been looking on their website and it looks like they can do an awful lot for the Z. Full package looks like plenum spacer, High flow cats, remap etc. Also looks like their full package cost about a grand give or take. They show a rolling road graph that looks impressive. If they are good I would possibly buy a cheaper car, say a pre 06, and spend the extra on upgrades.

Personally when ever I buy a car I always try and stretch to the final or mid editions only because most of the faults have been ironed out by the manufacturer, also for a 3.5v6 my HR loves being pushed up to 7k the same way I like to have a stretch in the morning it just feels so capable and solid. I personal love 2nd gear letting the engine settle at say 3-4k and boom never enough road to stretch out 3rd.

Lol I've known plenty of mid life and run out editions that were worse than the original launch model for warranty claims etc. Saying that I tend to avoid vehicles for the first year that's usually long enough. The DE Z had issues as did the face lift and the HR has a different engine so really as far as ironing out faults it's wiping the slate clean on potential faults occurring. I've not heard any horror stories to be fair and all Zs appear to be solid unless neglected by the owner.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a 350z rev up on auto trader. 61000 miles on clock GT pack Faringdon car company. Coupe. £7795 is this a good price going to see and drive tomorrow. 2006 56 plate

I am of the same opinion and it really depends on your mind set, my mode of thought was I want the best 350z I can buy and that for me was a 2007 HR with low millage partly because I will be selling the car within 2 years and the HR is not massively different from the 370Z going by the 1/2 price difference.

looked at a few older 350z cars and did not like the age of them.

i got my car....2007 HR full service history, fully loaded 40,000 with 3 years RAC warranty 11,000

Edited by chrisday1990
  • Like 1

I don't mind having an 06 facelift there are some available with around 50-60k clocked up which is nothing really for around £8000 fully loaded. I'm pretty sure that will do me fine for power looks etc. I don't do a lot of mileage and for the times I do push it I'm sure it would do me just fine.Can't ait only another 5 weeks till I get my money to get one

• Like 1

Can somebody tell me how to put a pic on here please as I've seen a highly modified car I want and like some opinions alternatively its ebay ref number 311302580887 cheers feed back appreciated

Hi again thanks for you're replies. I think the HR is going to be just outside my price range but the 06 rev up looks a good option. I sat in one the other day, a coupe and having already sat in a BMW 3.0si I found the 350z to be much more comfortable and roomy. Loved the layout. I know the tax is £500 per year but this can now be spread so not problem. You seem to be able to pick up a pretty good 50 to 60k one for around £8000. I've not driven one do they feel fast I drive a mg zs 180 at mo but not for much longer.

Have a few in mind and play the game, I picked mine up an 04 silver with 65k on the clock for just under 6K, absolutely flawless FULL service history, just a few tiny faults that needed looking at, I.e a small dent in the rear arch and a squeak from the drivers side suspension, jobs that won't kill the bank! Appreciate your probably desperate to own one but think what that extra 2K could do if you put it into a similarly priced z! Good luck hunting, I spent nearly 6 months searching!

Can somebody tell me how to put a pic on here please as I've seen a highly modified car I want and like some opinions alternatively its ebay ref number 311302580887 cheers feed back appreciated

Not even remotely worth that amount of money, ask for a dyno printout if he thinks he's got nearly 400bhp out of a N/A engine he needs looking at himself