which one to buy

nigess

Hi all I am a new member my name is Nigel. I'm sure this has been discussed before but I can't find the thread. I am going to buy a 350z in April in the UK. Usual question which one to get. I've done my research and there seems to be an argument for each of them. The hr engine is still quite pricey and the rev up model has less torque than the pre 2006 so which one to get. I'm sorry if this is a repeated question but its driving me mad. Cheers

Buy the one you can afford. You sound like you already know the differences, so work out what's more important to you. :)

Ignore the smaller torque figure on the revup though, you simply cannot feel it. You can feel the extra 500rpm though...

• Like 1

:welcome: not too far from me

I have the revup in my zed and I tested an early DE before I got mine. As Ekona said I couldn't feel the torque difference at all.

So imo it comes down to whether you'd prefer a HR or DE, but to be honest I think you'll be happy with any zed, they are great cars!

• Like 3

hi all. i am new to here as well and have been thinking the same, which to go for? i have looked at 4 so far from 6k-10k driven the de and rev up which to be honest felt very similar. after what i have seen i think you need to look at more condition and service history then how many miles or what model to have. they are all awesome.

i do have one question if anyone knows?

i have driven 4, 2 had light clutches and 2 surprisingly heavy, it this the sign of new clutch needed?

Hi again thanks for you're replies. I think the HR is going to be just outside my price range but the 06 rev up looks a good option. I sat in one the other day, a coupe and having already sat in a BMW 3.0si I found the 350z to be much more comfortable and roomy. Loved the layout. I know the tax is £500 per year but this can now be spread so not problem. You seem to be able to pick up a pretty good 50 to 60k one for around £8000. I've not driven one do they feel fast I drive a mg zs 180 at mo but not for much longer.

Hi Ekona you say they don't feel that fast but with a 0-60 of around 5.5 they must do or is it that you are just used to the power now. I had a remapped Imprezza a while ago and I swear that felt slower every time I drove it :blush:

Hi Ekona you say they don't feel that fast but with a 0-60 of around 5.5 they must do or is it that you are just used to the power now. I had a remapped Imprezza a while ago and I swear that felt slower every time I drove it :blush:

My father has a Zs 180 and he loves it. Owned a 2010 Impreza Wrx as well and seems to rather the N/A Mg with a V6! I've driven both as well and would rather the Mg for the torque. But driving the Zed is a different beast altogether - torque, power and even some side ways action if driven in a 'spirited' manner. With a V6, 300bhp and RWD, the Zed really is a fun car to own!

Good luck with your search! Read the advice and take your time!

• Like 1

I can't wait to get one. I'm only 55 but am going to take the tax free part of my pension and have definitely decided on a Z. The zs 180 I have is superchipped has a top notch induction system is lowered and has stainless steel loud exhaust. Only done 61k and do you know what in part ex i'm only being offered £550. Its nice to drive but not enough power for me. I love the look of the Z and have watched loads of youtube

• Like 2

Ive just got mine, had it since Saturday. Mine is as an 08 GT but for me it was getting the newest I could afford with the least miles. They are worth every penny, fantastic looking, powerful, the engine notes are epic, plenty quick enough for the normal driver and most importantly for me they are RARE! Now go buy yourself one :teeth:

• Like 1

I'm definitely getting one no doubts at all, just got to wait for this money i'm getting then i'm there. If I can get HR the that's what I would prefer but a 06 will do. I'm the same don't like cars that everyone else has and down my way you never see one of these.

Edited by nigess

I went for a late DE as I wanted to free some cash for mods. I came from an M3 which was all top end regarding power and needed to be worked hard. Ironically the Z feels quicker but I've put this down to the lower driving position and low down torque. All the Z has cost me so far is two compression arms (banana bars) and my mods. Otherwise it's been a dream financially compared to the hopeless BMW.I have never felt the need to take it to the limiter either as it's quick enough for everyday driving.

A 350Z is going to feel significantly slower than an Impreza, especially a remapped one. A big lumpy NA engine is never going to give the shove of a tuned turbo engine, but you don't get the throttle response or the linear power with the Impreza. We used to run a 320bhp blobeye which always felt batsh*t mental compared to my old 385bhp 911, but I can promise you the 911 was the quicker car!

Any 350Z is more than enough to be considered quick enough for UK roads, put it that way.

• Like 1

I know the different power ratings of all the Z's but having not driven one I don't know how the power feels. Is there actually a difference to be felt between the pre rev up 276bhp and the rev up and again up to the 07 version?

Edited by nigess

Ah I see. I'm not planning on thrashing it just love the cars but its nice to know its there if you want it, so will rarely get near the red line. So now knowing that just have to decide on the interior as I know the 06 is better by all accounts that the pre 06. Also coupe or softtop. Thinking coupe, purely as its less to go wrong, but don't want to regret it on those rare nice summer days. Also I think coupe looks better.

Edited by nigess