selling 370z wheels for 17" rims

lewisz33

Hi every one, i am thinking of selling my 370z wheels and buying some 17x8 wedssport sa90 wheels,

i have solid suspension and the 370 wheels have no side wall at all so its making it handle a bit @*!# down country roads (that's all i drive on and sometimes track)

+ they way a tone so the 17" rims must be way lighter and im thinking if they feel alright im going to get some wider ones like 10-11 inch rear and 9 inch front

will the 17" rims fit over my brembos?

thank you for any help

• Like 1

long story short i have the max angle kit that turns to much it rubs so i but smaller tyres on the 370z wheels 245 35 not 245 40 and it is better for drift bur now i have hks coil overs the side wall with the harder shocks makes the car bounce around when your going over small bumps fast and the bit they make the tie rods bolt on to cracks because i dont think its made for shitty english roads haha +the wheels way a tone

Yeah the 70 Rays aren't exactly light. Weight pretty much the same as cast Rotas.

I still don't think its the wheel/tyre combo. More than likely your suspension setup. Also realised now I am not on my phone, that you have a 50 so 17's might fit!

Edited by 370Ad

i know the suspension is the main problem with the comfort but im not really bothered about that, i just need the tyres to flex around the bumps in the road to give more grip, all so the wedssport 17" should be pretty light so should make the car a bit faster + race cars always have big tyres im guessing its because of wight but i could be wrong and yes the car is 2005 do the 2005 brembos have smaller discs?

thank you

i know the suspension is the main problem with the comfort but im not really bothered about that, i just need the tyres to flex around the bumps in the road to give more grip, all so the wedssport 17" should be pretty light so should make the car a bit faster + race cars always have big tyres im guessing its because of wight but i could be wrong and yes the car is 2005 do the 2005 brembos have smaller discs?

thank you

The Brembos are the same size on all 50 model years my friend.

I really have no idea what you are after :lol:

Do you compete races competitively? Or just the odd track day?

Is it a daily drive? etc

I just think you might be looking at this all wrong...If you can't get what you want from 18's then something isn't right somewhere.

I need to run smaller wheels so they don't rub when I'm at full angle so i would be running 19 with 30-35 side wall, but if i got 18" that would only be 40, plus they're heavier than the set of 17" wheels. I do drive the car every day but only at 11 at night to pick up my fiancé from work and it’s all country lanes with no speed cameras, but when you go about 80-120 on the country lanes the wheels don’t take the bumps to well so I want bigger side walls and lighter wheels to make it faster, the reason i asked on here was 1: to see if anyone has fit these wheels on the stock brembo brakes, 2: whey if there not so good do the race cars use 17 not 18.

long story short i have the max angle kit that turns to much it rubs so i but smaller tyres on the 370z wheels 245 35 not 245 40 and it is better for drift bur now i have hks coil overs the side wall with the harder shocks makes the car bounce around when your going over small bumps fast and the bit they make the tie rods bolt on to cracks because i dont think its made for shitty english roads haha +the wheels way a tone

you have my attention thats for sure

also i fitted 17s over 350z brembos

Edited by StevoD

If you don't want to crash and bang over bumps down crappy roads just slow the **** down and stop driving like a complete ****! You're not Lewis Hamilton or some kind of Gymkhana Drift King, so wise up, otherwise you and your car will end up in a ditch somewhere, hopefully not taking anyone with you.

the road is miles from no where with no one around and you can see if some one is there because its all open, i don't see the point in buying a car that has been made to go fast and never use it when your not putting any one at risk but myself, fair enough if u bought your car for posing but i bought mine to go fast.