Flat Battery

OllyB

It appears I've left something on in the car while it's been in the garage for the past few weeks, not sure what but discovered it this morning when the central locking didn't work..

I've put my charger on it but it has a cut off at 6v, checked the battery and its showing 3v therefore the charger won't work.

as far as I see it I have 2 options, call the aa and get a boost or replace the battery. Am I right in thinking that I'm likely to have knackered the battery by totally discharging it?

My battery went flat after I left my car for 5 weeks while I was on holiday. Had to replace the battery as it wouldn't hold a charge anymore but the AA guy should be able to check for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old is the battery?

+1

Age and cold kills batteries and I bet you did not leave anything on and this is just the beginning of a very annoying road leading the purchase of a new battery.

FWIW I suffered this last year. I got the biggest baddest Bosch battery that could fit and it comes with 5year warranty. I'll urge you to do the same soon.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Bosch S5 008 is what I went for. Comes with std 5yrs waranty and a massive upgrade on OEM spec. It's a tight fit but it fits and no mods required.

Going to get one next month I think, my one has started wobbling a bit :lol:

I must have jinxed it as my battery suddenly died last week :lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I paid £59 inc vat from Yeomans Nissan Worthing yesterday. Pretty good for oem and guaranteed to fit.

In fact it needed a lead shim on the negative post. Only 99p from an accessory shop but something to bear in mind.

Ive been using the cheapest batteries I can find with guarantee, Platinum Prestige and they do the job. As Ive got a fair few cars flat batteries are difficult to avoid so I end up getting about 4 replaced every year, once they have gone flat they are never the same again :)