YouTube

jimboy2

Anyone gotten properly into YouTube? My mrs has started a channel dedicated to boring girly stuff, just wondered if any of you have any pointers into growing her channel?

Here is her introduction video, point your wives and girlfriend in the channels direction if it's something they might enjoy. It's going to be about beauty and fashion.

Cheers

http://youtu.be/uX2eIlqt8ts

regular uploads

upload on same day each week

Avoid anything copyrighted

make money from google adsense to re invest into your videos

Social media ie twitter instagram facebook pages to run along side

keep videos around 5-15 minutes no more

ive been doing a bit of research recently as looking to start my own vlog thing

one of the most handy editing Techniques is a jump cut

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

One thing with the ads, is it not a bit naughty doing it straight away? Do you think it would put people off watching you channel if it's brand new and covered in adverts?

its such a regular thing on youtube now i dont think it makes a difference,

i mean dont do it to make money do it for fun, but i know alot of the youtubers any money made goes towards going to events in there sector or new camera equipment etc

and you wont be earning anything noticeable till your getting around 1000 subs and regular views

One thing with the ads, is it not a bit naughty doing it straight away? Do you think it would put people off watching you channel if it's brand new and covered in adverts?

its such a regular thing on youtube now i dont think it makes a difference,

i mean dont do it to make money do it for fun, but i know alot of the youtubers any money made goes towards going to events in there sector or new camera equipment etc

and you wont be earning anything noticeable till your getting around 1000 subs and regular views

Yeah good points.

She already has ideas of giveaways and things when she hits viewer/subscriber milestones. Hope it works out for her she is very creative but doesn't put it too much use.

• Like 1

Good looking woman ~ Check

Cute little dog ~ Check

Should see a million plus views by the end of the weekend. :lol::D

Seriously though as Stevo said keep the videos short & easy to digest. Too long and people just switch off if it's not something they're really into.

Wish her all the best jimboy. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Good luck with it. I read in the paper today about a guy who made £2.6 million on there last year!!

I like the bit of subliminal advertising "meet me under the stairs"

Might have read it wrong!

Edited by leonk

I work with a lot of these guys (as there accountant) and yes some of them earn significant sums of money.

The one thing they all have in common is that they were not motivated my money/fame etc either when they started, or now.

A few things I've picked up; regular content, collaborations, stay active on social media, try to connect with your target audience.

I work with a lot of these guys (as there accountant) and yes some of them earn significant sums of money.

The one thing they all have in common is that they were not motivated my money/fame etc either when they started, or now.

A few things I've picked up; regular content, collaborations, stay active on social media, try to connect with your target audience.

Yeah exactly my thoughts on the money part. The moment it becomes about money is the moment she will loose any passion in what she wants to talk about.

She has a part time job and she is struggling to find full time work, so this is just to keep her busy when she isn't working.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Almost up to 100 views!