Announcement

M13KYF

Yes Valerio has left.

As this departure has affected club funds which we have previously agreed to be completely open about, we need to set out clearly what actions led up to this departure and how that affected the funds.

Firstly, as per Vals request, his account has been removed and any posts either copied (if they contain technical info in the FAQ's or forum rules etc), or removed posts entirely that may contain personal info etc, again as per the request from Val.

Ultimately we think a fair way of summing up Vals departure was that he no longer felt the direction of the community and the working attitude of the rest of the team was in line with his own personal prefference. This was eluded to in Vals own "goodbye and all that jazz" post, some time ago.

There were occasions when some members of the team suggested to Val that perhaps, as a forum administrator, his posts on particular threads could possibly have been phrased a little more tactfully. This led to Val making a post to the team containing the following:

This club is going down the drain, decisions made by you chris are mostly "bend over and take it up the arse" well good luck with that, hope you have enjoyed all the contacts/expertise/show organising/funds that I've brought here, it'd have been rather interesting to see this place start up without me, really interesting.

well good luck with your passive attitudes to things (and neo is included in this, never showing up for any meet whatsoever, (dorian been the same) what precisely have you brought to this club? wish I'd never suggested you got involved int he first place actually had I known you were such a spineless carachter

really had enough, enjoy your chav ridden/spam filled forum, don't take any action against it, and instead pick on the one guy who is the only one around here who gets things done. Make good use of everything I brought to this place, because from the decisions made recently (all words no actions unless coming from your truly...) it's going to be interesting times.

This resulted in phonecalls between various members of the team, and ultimatley the decison being made that given the attitude shown or perceived from that thread, Val should no longer have administration rights to the forum.

This decision was not taken lightly, and certainly not taken by one member of the team. As with all decisions taken on the forum that affect the way it is run or the way funds are spent etc, they are group decisions made by as many members of the team as possible who are available at the time. There were at least 3 people involved in taking the decision above.

The next contact with the team was in a telephone conference, where, along with an apology for the remarks levelled at various people in the post above, Val noted some changes that he felt should be implemented within the team, adding some minor informal structure etc. The group democraticaly decided that they did not wish to take on specific roles or structure, preferring the status quo. Val felt at this time that he could no longer be a part of the team if these changes were not adopted. This is when the "goodbye and all that Jazz" post was made by Val announcing his departure from the team.

During a more recent conflict on the boards Val requested that his account be removed or he would pursue legal action against the site. After a phonecall on Friday 14th Sept actions were agreed on how the removal would take place.

At the time of this departure, Val was responsible for some £62.80 of club funds, and the remaining stickers. Val advised that if we wished to make members aware of what happened to the funds we had his permission to use his own post to the team, rather than paraprhase our own.

search unfortunately didn't bring any results Sad I usually kept them in work but they aren't there. I definitely had them @ JAE, I currently can't find the folder anywhere. I'll keep looking guys and will let you know! SORRY! Blush

money wise mate just a quick rundown:

£37.5 remaining server months (9) (paid in April iirc, £50 each)

£25 banner contribution

I won't consider the amount of own petrol spent going to get the stickers (Liverpool and back about 4 times), time and petrol spent to sort the banner, the phone calls made to arrange tickets and stands for JAE and other meets to and from mobiles and landlines, money I put towards the second lot of stickers (the first was free off Martin IIRC and originally got lost in the post), the countless hours spent populating the website with useful information and the recent £30 spent on URLs about the possible and future 370Z and the current value of the website in itself, which if one wanted, could well try and quantify but I can't be arsed tbh.

Considering the active balance is £62.80, I would only consider it fair to call it quits.

As the posts states, the stickers have been lost which is unfortunate, but we do feel this is a genuine mistake, they can be replaced, and we have found another source for these so should be in a position to start sending out the stickers that people are due to for passing 350 posts, and also have them available for people at meets/shows etc in the near future.

As there are no written rules on how any personal contributions made by the team would be handled in the event of a member leaving the team, there is no legal base on which to suggest Vals actions in retaining these funds are wrong.

However as the rest of the team felt that personal donations and contribution of time/resources/materials etc. made over the years were just that, donations, and not investments - the team will be replacing this money themselves and not expecting the members who raised this money through sales of stickers to accept the loss.

It must be stated that all funds raised from sales of T-shirts and donations made using the paypal link or passed to any other member of the team are NOT included within this figure, and they are not affected in any way by Vals departure.

Val also purchased some domains recently, namely 370z-uk.com and 370zownersclub.com. These were purchased by Val from his own pocket, not club funds. Although the intention may have been at the time of purchase to forward those domains to this community, Val considers these personal purchases and that he is free to direct these domains where he wishes.

We are disappointed at Val's actions but wish to move on positively and put this unpleasant episode behind us so that we can concentrate what is important - taking this site from strength to strength.

This has been posted on behalf of all the admin/mods

Not really too much to say that hasn't been said in the original post.

It is factual IMO and pretty unbiased. It has been a sticky and unpleasant thing for the team to go through, and I think it has been handled fairly well.

My personal view is that if Val wants to change the masses, he should indulge in politics. Or dictatorship. The members make clubs what they are, and things will evolve. If he doesn't like depreciation and other people being able to afford the Zed, he's missing the point of a fresh bunch of people lucky enough to come along and get involved with this site.

For openess, has the money issue left any exposure on the site? Additonally, are there any other ways of getting the domain names back for this site staff? :)

Having been a member of this forum for a while (had the Zed nearly 3 years now!) I feel like a veteran sometimes :)

All I can say is that I do enjoy this forum, and have never had cause for concern over posts/members/direction/content or whatever.

Let's all move forward and discuss some of the more important things in life such as tyres, megiuars n' Zeds...

K :)

wow, i don't really know what to say. Val was the first person i met from the site and he seemed very genuine in person.

It seems he took the news of reducing his administrator capabilities very badly and left with a bitter taste, asking for monies back....

I'm sure you guys did what you could to be diplomatic and compassionate (is that the word?) and i fully support your actions if thats what the majority felt was right to do. I am dissapointed in Val also, and the actions he's taken since leaving the team, however we have a very good bunch of admins now and i hope the success of the club only continues!!

I suppose I'm relatively new compared to some of you and have not been party to any fall outs or anything. Val always gave me good advice and was very helpful to me so I can only judge by my own experience although I know there were some personality clashes with others. I am not sure that opening up a debate about someone who is no longer here is worthwhile or useful. I do feel however that this is a very well run site and long may that continue.

Its sad to see Val leave in such a way, he was such a character and was very welcoming at Silverstone. As has been said, there is no way to control the fact that these lovely cars will depreciate and then eventually anyone will be able to own one, thats just the way it is. I'm glad to see that the Mods havent been forced into going the way just a single person beleives the site should, but at the same time it is sad to loose Val, I was looking forward to his FI antics.

Keep up the good work mods, I'm sure the site will continue to grow and your devotion to the cause is much apprecaited :)

I've not been on here very long , was Val - the minel ? if it was he seemed like a very knowledgable guy and its a shame it ended the way it did

the site is for entertainment and information, along with being friendly

i find the site excellent, i do post on others but i have found this one to be the best B)

opinions often lead to debates on forums but that gives everyone the opportunity to see both sides, which is good

totally agree with

"Let's all move forward and discuss some of the more important things in life such as tyres, megiuars n' Zeds... "

oh and zedrush, i wasnt here when this happened but it probably was your fault :lol::lol:

oh yeah one final point ... mods - moderate , dictators - rule

Val was/is a prize dick.

Good riddance imo.

The topic was opened up for people to comment on, if it gets out of hand it will be locked again. Val is no longer here to defend himself. This was posted up to give members the story as to what as gone on with Val. Above comments will not be tolerated. :dry:

Val was/is a prize dick.

Good riddance imo.

The topic was opened up for people to comment on, if it gets out of hand it will be locked again. Val is no longer here to defend himself. This was posted up to give members the story as to what as gone on with Val. Above comments will not be tolerated. :dry:

Apologies.

:)

Val was/is a prize dick.

Good riddance imo.

Apologies.

:)

Accepted. :)

the forum isn't in any debt Zedrush, thanks though for offering to help.

For sure any donations given are gladly received and will be put to good use and not waisted. If any member wishes to know where the money is being spent then we are happy to provide.

No panic guys. We don't require anything from the members and the club is in no difficulties whatsoever. The sum involved is not trivial but neither is it a significant amount.

We have made this public as we pride ourselves in being open and honest with our members. The team will be making up any shortfall and clearly we could have gone ahead without mentioning it, however, if members are donating their own hard-earned funds we believe that they must be confident that the financial affairs of the club are as open and transparent as they can be.

I hope that explains things a little better.

Your offer is of course greatly appreciated Jay but all we ask of the members is to continue to enjoy and contribute to the site. :)

We are all different personalities and it's a shame Val can't get on with the current team. Whilst he may not have always got on with evryone on this site he remained a true Zed enthrusiast, e.g. certainly more so than many of us me included.

Persoanllly I always got on with Val so I'm sorry to see him gone and wish him all th best in the future.

PS: I don't approve of posting up things he said when leaving during an emotional time, as I'm sure he didn't mean it all. Maybe the Italian temper took over, and he is now not able to defend himself.

Anyway, Cheers Val and all the best... :thumbs:

Val also purchased some domains recently, namely 370z-uk.com and 370zownersclub.com. These were purchased by Val from his own pocket, not club funds. Although the intention may have been at the time of purchase to forward those domains to this community, as they are Vals personal purchases he is free to direct these domains where he wishes.

dammit ! I made that suggestion... I should have bought them myself... had i known what to do....... :rant::angry:

I will keep my opinions of the whole incident to myself... :surrender:

move on... best foot forward etc...

Does this mean we are going to see the same format forum with the 370z.com address? in this case you might have a case to claim intellectual rights to the forum design if he uses it in future... :thumbs:

Another reminder of this. Please do not let things degenerate so that we have to step in.

Having been a member of this forum for a while (had the Zed nearly 3 years now!) I feel like a veteran sometimes :)

All I can say is that I do enjoy this forum, and have never had cause for concern over posts/members/direction/content or whatever.

Let's all move forward and discuss some of the more important things in life such as tyres, megiuars n' Zeds...

K :)

+1

This is really the only forum that I look at, or post to, and I hope it continues to go from strength to strength. The help and advice I have received through the members (including Val) have been absolutely invaluable.