Orlando advice

StevoD

Still have my Star Tours mug from ........OMG! ...18 years ago :lol:

I'd only add by saying going to Florida all those years ago still counts as being one of the most run / relaxing holidays I've had. Universal was fantastic, downtown Orlando was cool, Clearwater was a nice chill out, Daytona was fantastic (Spring break week :) ).

Overall the parks, the atmosphere, the people really made it a lot of fun. Not the kind of holiday I would normally do but actually it was brilliant One of the best memories I have is watching the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and them calling out people from the audience.

I tell you no lie, they called out four people from the crowd we were in in. One was called 'Homer' :lol:......and one of the ladies was called 'Muff' :lol: :lol: :lol:

As you can imagine, much hilarity ensued :)

Love Orlando been 3 times before. If you are going with a few people then renting a villa will be far far cheaper than the hotels. If there's just two of you then maybe not but worth looking into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We usually have a split holiday, half staying on i-drive then moving to a Disney hotel the second half, never hired a car yet, too knackered after a full day in a park to drive back.

Have known people take 2 hours just to find their car in the massive car park's lol

If you've seen 'Cable Guy' and enjoyed it, you should go to Medieval Times one night. It's pure cheese, the secret is to really get into it and find mega discount tickets online or in stores.

Don't forget to tip thine busty serving wench my Lord and doth stump up a few extra sovereigns for a front row view of the feasting and sport :lol: and try doing medieval speak but without drifting into pirate. It's not easy!

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

guess everybody is different but we always budget for $100 per day per person, i'd rather go out there and enjoy myself rather than counting every nickel n dime :blush:

Always bring back some cash which i save for the next trip, also take a pre-paid credit card as well - https://www.fairfx.com/ which i load before we go plus a spare credit card in case of emergencies :)

• Like 2

I looooove florida haha. Been the past 2 years in september/october for halloween horror nights. Going again 2016 for our honeymoon and cant wait to get booked up :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I went with Mr Two Bears to a massive car show on International Drive a couple of years ago. It was awesome to see the monster trucks and they kindly let me climb up into them so they could laugh at me but I loved it. I think the secret is to fill up on breakfast so that you save money on lunch. Our hotel had the most enormous choice (as well as huge portions) and I couldn't actually believe that some Americans think piles of whipped cream is a good plan for breakfast time :scare: Avoid 'grits' unless you enjoy eating wallpaper paste :lol: