Gumpy000 - Build thread!

gumpy000

So I thought it was about time I built my 'Build Thread'.

I had her a little over a year now and the Zeditis has DEFINATELY set in.

Plus I hate how you have to use Photobucket..so time consuming. ha

This is a picture of her when I first purchased her. I cleaned her all up for a first ownership photo. In front of the dealership my Dad owns - CRAYFORD & ABBS LTD.

IMG_3109_zps44450f7f.jpg

IMG_3110-Copy_zps92d3c138.jpg

She is a 05/54 350z GT. Gun metal with the Orange Leather. Honestly i hated the leather when I first saw it, but must say, it has grown on me. I now prefer to black.

I couldnt resist buying her when she was part exchanged. We sold her new and serviced her throughout her life to date. 1 careful owner plus me. and had only 44,000 miles on so a beaut!

So how did I treat her when i first got her? Alot of you on here, i see, straight away started Modding the Zed, but for me it was to pay her off. For me, a mortgage, clothes (i Love also) and living came first being single and paying for it all myself. Now i have hopefully found the love of my life and she just has to put up with Zed as that came first, which was a dream come true ;)

I started off, giving her a full detail, including a good machine polish to get rid of those awful 'bush' scratches and make all shining and restore some of that colour. Also de-badged it.

IMG_20140610_134411_zpsyg8iubxw.jpg

Then Zeditis set in about 6 months ago when I spoke to Mitz as Cougar Stores who sorted me out a Cobra Sports Exhaust. Loved the sound.

20140614_183620_zpsoaqfey94.jpg

20141117_145041_zps560d6e62.jpg

Then came the GB Spacers from tarmac again. Fitted these (A nightmare at the time as all Lock nuts broke) but after fixing that, the look was much approved. 20mm front and 25mm back.

20141216_165833_zps4da10f2a.jpg

20141216_174929_zps334d55d2.jpg

I then went for the GB for the GT Splitter from Tarmac. I trial fitted it to see what she looked like. Tried this for a week or so, then decided to book her in our local bodyshop who are superb i must add. Also with that decided to flush the front where normally you have the number plates. I like alot again.

20141116_162112_zpse02b8a24.jpg

20150112_1412121_zpse6bd04f3.jpg

As with one of my other posts, I couldn't decide where to have the number plate fitted so ask a few of you. Also i wanted to change the style of the plates. I know alot of you were against the idea but i went for the metal pressed plate. I know its a Japanese car and pressed plates are euro but I again like what i have done- each to their own I guess.

While i was there i thought perfect time to change those dreaded side lights. Taking off the wheel arch i go... but again a much needed mod.

20150102_174156_zpsf955b962.jpg

It was then in need of a new head unit. Lots of time taking in deciding whether to or not but with the OEM on not playing CD's properly in cold weather, and playing my phone music though one of the tape Aux leads, i thought this needs to happen. So through another good trader we use at work i got myself a Pioneer AVH-X5500BT. All wired up by yours truly, I then had no sound? @*!#! wrong lead for the BOSE? I went a saw my auto electrician who found a quick change of the amp wire fixed all problems. Now I have in-built radio, CD, Aux, Bluetooth for music and phone. then at some point i may add the sat nav feature but don't think I will need the camera just yet.

20141216_175151_zpsef89b0e3.jpg

I then went down the route of de-wiper the back- something iv always said I wouldn't do but hey things change hey? at that point I went for taking out the boot weight also. Again i think an actual improvement!

20150110_1704571_zps821a497d.jpg

Thanks to Mrchic on here, I bought his Gliptone leather cleaner and WOW what a difference that made, I want to do another sesh on the seats but here's just a little preview...

Before:

20150110_1721411_zps254eebc3.jpg

After:

20150110_1721101_zps468fae44.jpg

Im sure I will have much more to show as I feel addicted right now.

To be continued......

Edited by gumpy000
  • Like 4

So I am in process of having some parts carbon fibre. But thought over the weekend, why not try wrapping yourself. Save some money and if not you can alway take off wrap and get it done professionally. Soooo here's the before and after pics for you all....

Before:

20150118_135720_zpssaiopwll.jpg

After:

20150118_201824_zpszmmua6xk.jpg

20150118_151433_zpswfxxj926.jpg

20150116_233843_zpssoj0e30j.jpg

sorry for terrible pics but Il take some fitted later.

However in mean time. I have found a local to me company who also carbon dip and they have agreed with me a VERY good price. Iv seen some of their work and I was impressed so I have booked in for a couple of weeks. I will be getting my centre console, engine cover, handles and steering wheel bits done again as a couple had like a slight crease in and I HATE creases. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and this is NOT good. Lol.

So look out for next pics of that!!

• Like 1

I am thinking about getting some bits dipped in the near future, will have to have a look at them sometime when they are done. I think dipping is a better option than wrapping myself but would really like to see the quality that the company does before I hand the bits over.

Looks great, i've done the wiper delete and think it complimets the z's fine backside :thumbs:

Is your Z not the love of your life then? :scare::lol:

Oh she is but Shhh the other was with me when writing it. Haha

I am thinking about getting some bits dipped in the near future, will have to have a look at them sometime when they are done. I think dipping is a better option than wrapping myself but would really like to see the quality that the company does before I hand the bits over.

Il let you know. U norwich way?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so iv just swaped over and they open crap. need force to open whereas before they opened nicely???

If you keep them the way you had them originally they will wear out the seals so I've heard.

It's a nuisance if they don't work as well now but that's the correct way they should be fitted (carbon at top/silver bar bottom). They'll get better over time but even mine that I've had a long time still don't shoot the bonnet up, ...it's just how they are I'm afraid. :thumbs:

So just a couple of extras done today. Nothing major but some fun little mods.

So starts with new side repeaters. Started out standard clear ones but cheeky little buy off eBay got me some smoked ones.

Before:

20150203_112041_zpsw9wkhkmw.jpg

After:

20150203_112219_zpswalmxeig.jpg

Then also a blue oil cap to go hopefully with the colour scheme. And also the new plenum spacer.

20150206_162746_zpswj1y3opu.jpg

• Like 3