Gumpy000 - Build thread!

gumpy000

I do LOVE a clean car so see below a few more 'Clean' ones of her!

20150104_1328051_zpsdd7003a1.jpg

Great topic but Im unsure about this. Wouldnt this new number plate location reduce the engine bay airflow? You have effectively halfed the surface area that the radiator has access to?

Edited by Sargara

I do LOVE a clean car so see below a few more 'Clean' ones of her!

20150104_1328051_zpsdd7003a1.jpg

Great topic but Im unsure about this. Wouldnt this new number plate location reduce the engine bay airflow? You have effectively halfed the surface area that the radiator has access to?

Well you would think so but I trialed it there and no difference made to performance. Engine temp the same. Power output feels the same. So who knows?? Opinions much appreciated. If anything I'm saving the radiator from stone chips?? Lol

• 2 weeks later...

Whats next? well I purchased a carbon fibre Nismo spoiler from 'Jumping350' and had that fitted yesterday. Loving the look out of the back window. Not totally sure if the carbon fibre suits Gun Metal paint though? What are you thoughts? Next plan would be either painting the base of spoiler to match gun metal or would having the windows tinted make this better? 20150221_095754_zps4duc2lnc.jpg 20150221_095803_zpscody9zsj.jpg 20150221_104837_zps7m9rltsg.jpg 20150221_104853_zps6kb3ka9d.jpg Then I have just purchased a Nismo gear knob from Clarkie on here. Looks good. Excuse the lack of centre console but it is away at mo being Carbon dipped. Photos to follow........hehehe 20150221_095843_zpsr97o8wcc.jpg

Edited by gumpy000
  • Like 2

I always think it seems a shame to paint over carbon fibre! :surrender:

I think it would look a lot better with some more black or carbon bits to help it fit in better. Like if you had black wheels for example it would compliment the spoiler more.

Looks awesome B)

• Like 3

Oh yes keeping busy....debt debt debt haha. Yeah I was going for new wheels too but at mo they on hold but mayvbe get the Rays painted dark. Don't like black but maybe dark grey. :thumbs:

Haha good! Sounds like a good idea. I'm not a fan of black wheels either, anthracite would work well with the carbon.

• Like 1

I think it would look a lot better with some more black or carbon bits to help it fit in better. Like if you had black wheels for example it would compliment the spoiler more.

Looks awesome B)

^^ This.

It would be such a shame to cover over all that carbon fibre especially as it looks such a good quality made piece.

More carbon and black is needed I think to help pull it off more as pjf said. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Looks awesome B)

^^ This.

It would be such a shame to cover over all that carbon fibre especially as it looks such a good quality made piece.

More carbon and black is needed I think to help pull it off more as pjf said. :thumbs:

Perfect excuse to buy more supporting mods ;)

• Like 1

Whats next? well I purchased a carbon fibre Nismo spoiler from 'Jumping350' and had that fitted yesterday. Loving the look out of the back window. Not totally sure if the carbon fibre suits Gun Metal paint though? What are you thoughts? Next plan would be either painting the base of spoiler to match gun metal or would having the windows tinted make this better? 20150221_095754_zps4duc2lnc.jpg 20150221_095803_zpscody9zsj.jpg 20150221_104837_zps7m9rltsg.jpg 20150221_104853_zps6kb3ka9d.jpg Then I have just purchased a Nismo gear knob from Clarkie on here. Looks good. Excuse the lack of centre console but it is away at mo being Carbon dipped. Photos to follow........hehehe 20150221_095843_zpsr97o8wcc.jpg

Carbon boot would look awesome imo. But maybe that's just my child-like mind setting in? 😂

• Like 1

Maybe try the fly eyes kit or something similar so in case you don't like the smoked rear lenses you can peel it off and not damage your lights? Just an idea bud :)

Good call but you can also get "tinted light remover" so if gumpy doesn't like it he can remove it. ;)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-LIGHT-TINT-SPRAY-REMOVER-E-Tech-Cleaner-REAR-FRONT-GLASS-LENS-HEADLIGHT-/300806843256?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item46097c2b78

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...