Shezza's zed time story

SHEZZA

Great job. The 06+ headlights do transform the front end and the light output is more crisp at night.

Car looks real nice.

Thanks. I blame you, you know! I'm yet to try them at night, so looking forward to that. Leaving early in the morning for Niss Show, so that will be there first outing.

• Like 1

Looks superb buddy. I may have to do this one as well in the future.

Sent from my iPad using a hammer and chisel...

Cheers Andy. It's certainly gives the zed a fresh look.

nice one shezza :thumbs: :thumbs:

Cheers teejay. I must try and make the next local Sunday meet still owe John a breakfast. Haha

I'll hold you to that :)

Spotless mate lovely car

Cheers mate, need a catch up soon Niss show maybe ?

Unfortunately not mate realy wanted to go but forgot I had double booked with thruxton

Catch up soon there is another bhp meet soon

I'll make a big anoucment soon

Special club area again :)

• Like 1

Spotless mate lovely car

Cheers mate, need a catch up soon Niss show maybe ?

Unfortunately not mate realy wanted to go but forgot I had double booked with thruxton

Catch up soon there is another bhp meet soon

I'll make a big anoucment soon

Special club area again :)

Defiantly up for that and looking forward to it.

Yet another year gone by and now entering the ninth year of ownership , it's time once again for a service and MOT. So it was an early start for a trip to Leicester to the cougar store to see Mitz and Andy for a P1 service and MOT.

As ever the Zed passed with flying colours and yet again the berk hfc's caused no trouble at all for the third year in a row. Mitz was very impressed with his new nismo oil filler cap and also the lack of no metal what so ever on the magnetic sump plug which was fitted at last years service, so that's good to know.

• Like 1

Wow! Lovely motor!

The air duct, does it only work with aftermarket intakes?

Where have you fitted your catch tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ginner
  • Like 1

Wow! Lovely motor!

The air duct, does it only work with aftermarket intakes?

Where have you fitted your catch tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers ginner , as Graham has said it'll work with the stock box too.

Only pic I've got of the catch can location which if you look at the top of the pic just behind the strut brace to the left you can see the silver bracket with the star on it.

5B24753E-3EF5-4C3A-B7DC-32146BAC9637_zpsrne4elwe.jpg

• 11 months later...

It's nearly been a year so I thought I'd best do a little update !

Back in Feb and despite the original 11 year old Nissan OEM battery being on a c-tec maintenance trickle charger over winter, it just wasn't holding charge anymore. So it was time for a new battery , having a thing for all things Bosch I decided on a Bosch S4 024 as it's replacement. 

IMG_3469.JPG

Then in April whilst stuck in traffic after a drive out around Wales with spatt and some other north west members, my clutch pedal decided to stick down and I was having to lift it up with my foot until I got going again, then it seemed fine. However after speaking to Mitz@cougarstore he recommended that the clutch slave cylinder was replaced, using high temp clutch fluid and a stainless steel braided line. A little trip later it was fitted. 

IMG_3417.JPG

Now the next thing is a true sign of zeditus as when you start modding mods you know you've got it bad ! 

One evening whilst minding my own business I get a PM from Grlnet aka Graham aka papa smurf ! asking about my mishimoto compact baffled oil catch can and its location.

No problem I replied I'll even look it up for you and send you a link. Here you go Graham they do a black one a rockstar edition one which I've got, oh and now they do a polished version which would go with you engine bay well. Oh yes and now a red one which would go with my bay theme ! 

Bet you can't guess what happened next !IMG_3458.thumb.JPG.e8c107e30742787e7837ff83ef3a5645.JPG

Yes I replaced a perfectly good working order black catch can for a red one, cheers Graham ! :lol:

Aswell as tinkering with the car I've been out on a couple of drive outs/meets with club members. IMG_3352.thumb.JPG.46db18f17e384d3f6cb8b468354854f4.JPG A top secret film shoot where I met these two giants , I'm 6ft by the way !IMG_3146.thumb.JPG.5f96cade632df5f27112d044480c1893.JPG

A couple of shows, Japfest at silverstone in April where we won best club stand and JDM at castle Combe. IMG_3474.JPG.a80d90ea89aa7fd3cb41b9e9fdef4713.JPG

The 10th Aniversery club weekend at Coventry where I  met up with old and new freinds and had a great time, receiving this was a very pleasant surprise. image.thumb.jpg.ce53c9e689c15d85b63c2ffd47437152.jpg

In all Its been a cracking year in the zed world so far. 

Edited by SHEZZA
  • Like 2

I think that then brings us up to today and the yearly trip to the cougarstore for  a service, P3 this time ! and an MOT which yet again the zed passed with flying colours and no advisories even with Berk hfc's :yahoo:

Next up is the Japanese performance show at Coventry next Sunday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SHEZZA said:

I think that then brings us up to today and the yearly trip to the cougarstore for  a service, P3 this time ! and an MOT which yet again the zed passed with flying colours and no advisories even with Berk hfc's :yahoo:

Next up is the Japanese performance show at Coventry next Sunday. 

Has he got his ramp sorted yet? I'm on the waiting list apparently :lol:

Good pic with Tim and Fuzz, are they doing a 350/300 or something in an upcoming episode then?

2 hours ago, Sargara said:

Has he got his ramp sorted yet? I'm on the waiting list apparently :lol:

Good pic with Tim and Fuzz, are they doing a 350/300 or something in an upcoming episode then?

I was told not to lean on it today, so make of that what you will ! :lol:

It was a shoot for the RX7 episode in the latest series, unfortunately didn't get used in the final cut. 

Edited by SHEZZA

• 5 months later...

Well I must of been a good boy last year as santa brought me some nismo goodies for Christmas for the zed.

Managed to get them fitted today, so a little new year update is due in the form of a nice set of nismo mats from nengun japan, a nismo 380rs pedal from  Torqen and a nismo Carbon rear view mirror cover too off eBay.029B3088-1CC8-4A0D-BE6C-1133FAA5CFE6.thumb.jpeg.5352dd4ff3d27085795cf36397421d8b.jpeg98A0CFB8-6D4B-45A6-9080-A912B08B0BE3.thumb.jpeg.19ca25fca75185f4242377f50b856a2e.jpeg6528CB8E-89DD-40B5-B349-B658E159F384.thumb.jpeg.d20e32742296a4e8513b4a0b8fb349cd.jpegEF52D2C3-39A3-4A22-A804-56E97CCD8E4B.thumb.jpeg.0b9429d9931c8c9f6175f00e7a5a6c30.jpegF522D493-3A92-4378-919A-BBB510E7347D.thumb.jpeg.68062ec9b788511322d2d18bbe1d36de.jpeg

• Like 1