bye bye wing mirror!!!

Garyt350z

60mph clip and run! Talk about shock! And the best about it was, the idiot who quickly flashed his indicator had to, because the police had a car pulled in for speeding on his side, on a blind corner! So much wrong with this yet don't know is at fault! And to make a complaint towards the police could end up making my car a marked car about the road I use on a daily basis! :(

Anyone know prices for a new one?

Help is at hand Dan ... I think I understand the gist of the post ... police had stopped a car on the opposite side of the road ... a car came round a blind bend towards me ( I was in the Zed) and had to pull out to avoid the car the police had stopped and in doing so, clipped my mirror ... close shave but it could have been worse ... stupid place for the BiB to stop a car

• Like 1

Exactly! :p yeah could have been much worse! Thankfully a quick fix! I wonder would this be the time for a carbon upgrade? Every cloud and their silver lining eh!lol but what of the old mirror console do I still need to use the carbon covers. I think by the looks of it I could salvage the skeleton of the unit!

Much better, cheers Hugh!

It's the bloke who clumped your mirror at fault, nothing to do with the copper.

Or the OP who sees the obstruction on the opposite side of the road and assesses the risk that an oncoming bike or car or lorry might try to get through the gap instead of piling into the obstruction, and therefore leaves enough room for said bike or car or lorry to get through ... or not :)

• Like 1

Carbon covers attach to the rear of the mirror unit, it would be very difficult to fit them without.

Cops should have told the driver they pulled over to move to a safe spot, as after a blind corner is not.

It was blind from my direction chaps, the other road user I say would have had a visual for about 500yrds+! I came into my corner, unknown there was an obstruction just out the other side! Hence my constant speed and like I said, it generally a fast road with large sweeping corners that well warrant the 60mph limit. But am not here to protest my innocence! Cheers for the info kyle, so they dont require any part of the existing cover? If I could find a damaged one thats just missing the cover?

It was blind from my direction chaps, the other road user I say would have had a visual for about 500yrds+! I came into my corner, unknown there was an obstruction just out the other side! Hence my constant speed and like I said, it generally a fast road with large sweeping corners that well warrant the 60mph limit. But am not here to protest my innocence!

Ah ! that's the difference then ... apologies all round ...

You see everyone good, plain, precise English does make a difference

I had a drunk or "nutter" standing in the middle of the road in a one way system

swinging punches at cars, who managed to "right hook" my mirror and took it straight

off the car and I was doing 30 MPH in traffic...bet he ended up in A&E.. :scare: :scare:

It was blind from my direction chaps, the other road user I say would have had a visual for about 500yrds+! I came into my corner, unknown there was an obstruction just out the other side! Hence my constant speed and like I said, it generally a fast road with large sweeping corners that well warrant the 60mph limit. But am not here to protest my innocence! Cheers for the info kyle, so they dont require any part of the existing cover? If I could find a damaged one thats just missing the cover?

IMO it doesn't matter which side the blind corner is if it means someone won't be able to have a clear view to avoid the pulled over car safely.

I don't think I explained correctly in my last post, you'll need the OEM mirror in full. If it's a bit cracked it'll probably be fine, but the carbon covers need a complete OEM mirror to attach to.