Girlfriend wants an upgrade

chirag1988

Mpg on a derv TT is absolutely nothing like the quoted figures. I struggled to get 35mpg just pottering.

Wish I'd got the 2.0 petrol which is supposed to be a far better car and not too dissimilar on MPG.

It was a decent enough motor but I had a lot of warranty claims

odd - I used to average between 45-50mpg

How about the Peugeot RCZ?

Peugeot-RCZ-1_jpg_2530373b.jpg

Very nice cars, great to drive and you don't see many on the road. They do a 1.6 petrol or a 2.0 diesel. Diesel has 163bhp and averages 53mpg and is cheap to tax. I've driven the petrol and its really nice.

They're probably near the top end of your budget but they're worth a look.

Edited by pjf1985

Diesel sports car? Isn't that an oxymoron? :p

Unless she does upwards of 15k a year I wouldn't be even considering diesels, but if your hell bent on one, get a Leon.

I think she'll be hitting around that figure seeing as her round trip from work Mon-Fri is 60 miles, plus weekend driving, and round trip from my house is 40 miles.

How about the Peugeot RCZ?

Peugeot-RCZ-1_jpg_2530373b.jpg

Very nice cars, great to drive and you don't see many on the road. They do a 1.6 petrol or a 2.0 diesel. Diesel has 163bhp and averages 53mpg and is cheap to tax. I've driven the petrol and its really nice.

They're probably near the top end of your budget but they're worth a look.

Never considered a Peugeot...heard they're not very reliable?

Mpg on a derv TT is absolutely nothing like the quoted figures. I struggled to get 35mpg just pottering.

Wish I'd got the 2.0 petrol which is supposed to be a far better car and not too dissimilar on MPG.

It was a decent enough motor but I had a lot of warranty claims

odd - I used to average between 45-50mpg

I think you said that the last time it came up.

Gawd knows mate. I'm not exactly leaden footed either.

RCZ is about as bad as the TT but it's a pretty car

• Like 1

French cars are not known for their reliability but I have owned a 206 and never had any problems, my Audi A3 had quite a few, its hard to just go by what people say. I've always thought Peugeot to be good. Here's a review of the RCZ: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/peugeot/rcz

Yep my mate never had a spot of bother, again though he wished he'd got the petrol

Well we went today to Watford Audi and unfortunately they didn't have the mark 2 in diesel, so we got to test drive the brand new TT mark 3 instead as they had the 2.0 tdi. Lovely interior I must say, love the virtual cockpit. But driving wise I still love my zed :teeth:

Coincidentally I checked autotrader and Greg at Tradelink had exactly what we were looking for in stock

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201412049439677

Went and had a look and seems like a nice motor. Any thoughts on this one from you guys?

The mark II is now 2 generations old?? I think it's usually only previous generation prices that get affected by new models.

Also on some cars used prices have been very firm and actually going up!! WBAC will give me £1k more for my 2008 BMW 335i right now than what they would have done a year ago :)

Please don't buy a TT , I've owned 2 . A mark one 225 , it was the most unreliable car I've owned. Full of electrical faults and in the end was unusable,! Then in 2007 I bought a brand new 3.2 mark 2 TT . I thought I was safe! It was totally unreliable from new and Audi tried to pass the buck .......please avoid audi and the tt. :)

It's not a tt but I've had my 2004 A3 2.0 tdi DSG for over five years now, I can honestly say I would not go without another Audi diesel if I sold mine. It is now on 155k miles and I will list all faults with it since I have owned it since 88K, flywheel and turbo changed (£1200)about 5k ago, radiator fans (£250) at around 100k, throttle body inlet flap (£250) 89k and just general servicing.

Considering the mileage and age of the car I would say that it is very reliable and it is remapped on a long run I can average 55-60 mpg.

Pottering around town I average 40-42 mpg. I would also say build quality is very good compared to your French cars or vauxhall sand fords the seats ect all seem very hard wearing. Also audi diesels depreciate very slowly compared to other makes.

• Like 1