What super car?

Commander

That's 'super car', not 'supercar', if you see what I mean? And petrol, RWD, usable as a daily, seats 4, has a boot, etc...

M5 - v10, 500bhp

M6 - v10, 500bhp, lighter than the M5 too, but less practical

CL600 - v12 bi-turbo, 500bhp, remap to silly numbers, M6 practicality, but older and less of a drivers car, more of a wafter?

Upgrade my 350 HR with an SC? Lack of seats / boot space is annoying me though

RS6 - too high mileage / too old / AWD

RS4 - too expensive / AWD

996TT - not practical enough

What have I missed?

Too governing, too much interruption. It aIso never seemed to put its power down as weII as you wouId imagine... AND... that SMG Gearbox. I stiII hate it. Even years after first driving it, I drove one the other day, just to see whether I couId cope with it. I couIdn't.

Despite aII of the above, somewhat contraversiaIIy, reaIIy Iike the Iooks of the M6 IoI.

I love my M6 :D The box takes a bit of getting used too. It's not exactly an autobox, but can act like it to some extent. It's took me over 400 miles of driving to really understand it.

The drive is amazing and i've never set in a more comfortable car. You can switch everything off if you want some fun time ;) In fact you can set it to adjust the suspension to your set preference, shift rates etc all at the push of one button, not to mention the extra 100hp is gives you :D

Practicality isn't great if you're talking about the back seats. It's not too bad and depending on how tall the driver is you can fit two adults in the back, but ideally no one over 5'6". The M5 of course is better in this department with proper back seats, but loses boot space and it's ugly as @*!# :lol:

Having never driven an M5, I can't compare the 2, but as you said, the M6 is lighter and has a lower COG, so may handle a bit better. But considering you would have to be one hell of a pilot to even come close to out performing either, it doesn't really matter which handles better because the M6 is so much better looking :p

buy the merc S/CL600 and shove in tubular manifolds and a straight through exhaust. It's the same engine they used in the early Pagani Zonda so it sounds immense. When people hear it they'll think you own a pagani :lol: They can be set up pretty well too, it's just not cheap :D

• Like 1

What about the much cheaper if it goes wrong Evo x?

Not in the same league as far as looks and man points but you would get a newer car with less worry of massive bills on the horizone plus the FQ360 wouldn't be a million miles from the M cars.

Vauxhall vxr8, Maserati quattroporte?

VXR8 - Good shout, but I've had a few Vauxhalls in the past and fancy something different. That, and I think I'm turning in to a badge snob? :-/

Quattroporte - It's 'only' 400bhp, but more importantly it's a bit of an old man's car. I'm only 31!

buy the merc S/CL600 and shove in tubular manifolds and a straight through exhaust. It's the same engine they used in the early Pagani Zonda so it sounds immense. When people hear it they'll think you own a pagani :lol: They can be set up pretty well too, it's just not cheap :D

Damnit - why did you tell me this!? MMmmm.... Pagani-type-noises! Sod the neighbours' ears :) They all seem to come with a walnut dash, but I'm sure somebody on here could dip it to bring the interior up to spec.

E63?

Must admit these haven't even come on my radar - need to do some research.

What about the much cheaper if it goes wrong Evo x? Not in the same league as far as looks and man points but you would get a newer car with less worry of massive bills on the horizone plus the FQ360 wouldn't be a million miles from the M cars.

I had an Evo in the past, admittedly an older model (Evo IV, retrofitted with an Evo VII engine and a short-ratio gear box), and it was damn fast. Crashed it at Donnington though :( Either way, I'm not sure I want another - I like RWD and I'm not sure my good lady would appreciate the bonnet vents, massive spoiler, etc... Need something classier I think.

• Like 1

Too governing, too much interruption. It aIso never seemed to put its power down as weII as you wouId imagine... AND... that SMG Gearbox. I stiII hate it. Even years after first driving it, I drove one the other day, just to see whether I couId cope with it. I couIdn't.

Despite aII of the above, somewhat contraversiaIIy, reaIIy Iike the Iooks of the M6 IoI.

I've got an E46 M3 with an SMGII 'box in and I've got used to that now - it's not bad really - and by all accounts the SMGIII in the M5/6 is better, so I don't think this will be a problem really... I don't think SMG is something you can test drive and be happy with in the space of an hour or three - give it a few weeks and you'll have learned how to get the best from it though.

Damnit - why did you tell me this!? MMmmm.... Pagani-type-noises! Sod the neighbours' ears :) They all seem to come with a walnut dash, but I'm sure somebody on here could dip it to bring the interior up to spec.

Have a listen, sounds bad in the workshop as the camera can't get the sound properly, watch the drive by video's about 50 seconds in :lol:

Sounds amazing but the car doesn't seem to get any faster... I half expected to see a cyclist pass him 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

The sound is amazing, but it's all noise and no go by the looks of it :( Just like shoving a massive can on a 106 :lol:

I was thinking exactly the same. :dry::lol: