My replacement car - with pics

sinbad

I thought it was about time i posted up some pics of my replacement car after freeing up some money i had in the Zed.

I did initially look at VX220's/ elise's as i still wanted something hardcore and i knew i wouldn't last having something boring. Anyway after test driving a few i decided they wern't for me. Anyway i ended up buying one of these...

Most stuff ive added myself in the last 3 week but heres whats on it:

C-Pack

DC Sports Race Header - replaces cat too.

Apexi N1 cat back system

Apexi RSM meter (de-limits JDM top speed)

Spoon Socks

Gruppe M carbon intake

Ingalls Engine Damper

Touch screen DVD player

Titanium gearknob

ES engine mounts to be fitted shortly

Mugen Replica Carbon spoiler

Buddyclub shortshifter

DSC002631.jpg

DSC002611.jpg

DSC002681.jpg

DSC002651.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

I know it won't be to everyones taste but ive wanted one for a while and i didnt want to miss the opportunity to get one. I just needed to get it out of my system i guess. :blush: Hope you like. Handles like its on rails and Probably just as quick if not quicker than the zed A to B. Does'nt sounds as good as my Zed when it had the Kakimoto but still sounds great. Just needs a re-map and fast road setup to finish it off it think.

Yeah Andy, but its abit messy at the minute....

I'll try and get some at the weekend when i give it a clean.

I went with the championship white because its the proper Type-R racing colour haha. I did want the red seats but this one came up with black interior pretty cheap and i just had to get it. The Recaro's hold you in super tight and all at the right places.

Theirs still a few bits and bobs i want to sort, like the screw missing in the Gruppe M scoop lol, but i only fitted it yesterday in my lunch hour. I just have'nt had the time yet. I can't stop spending on it!! I seriously need to enjoy what ive got before i get anything else.

Like i say, its not to everyones taste but ive wanted one for ages. Surprisingly it gets alot more attention than the Zed did. I guess it appeals to a different croud...:blush:

yeah still getting a bike, i'm waiting for my mate to sort his finances out so we can go in for it together. I may leave it until the summer now though as its getting cold and wet haha.

Tim - thats partly the reason i got it. Its quick, slightly hardcore but i can use it everyday. Has a big boot (although i hardly need it) but with it having rear seats i can ejoy it with a few friends now. thinking of going to Nurburg in it next year.

Thanks for all your comments.

hi chris, its matt- bought that y-pipe off you a couple of months back!

love your new motor mate- ive had an s2000, DC2 teg and an EP3 CTR so pretty taken with the honda type r's!

actually got an ins quote on a dc5 a couple of weeks ago but it was ASTRONOMICAL, almost twice what my zed is! shame cos i really fancy one next...

very good choice though mate and you've got some choice mods. get a kpro setup and you are into 911 baiting territory and about 200bhp/ton...

i would ask if you are going to bring it along to the n wales meet but only zeds allowed! :lol: you and sarnie havent got a hope in hell's chance of "blending in" with your motors! :lol:

Matt

Haha! Cheers mate, I've only had the car less than a month and ive spent a small fortune on it. Kpro is definately next but ill have to save abit before i jump into that. Nearly £1k mapped isn't it?

Funny, my insurance went down alittle when i swapped it over from the Zed?

I remember you mentioning you where a Honda fan and you'd had a *bump* in the dc2. lol

You should get one mate, Its a world away from the Zed but still loads of fun. it feels much quicker than the EP3 and FN2 models. And would out handle either too. Fuel wise i'd say its very similar to the 350z, but from what ive heard the Kpro can give better fuel consumption too.

Are you still going to the Pistonhead meets?

Hope to see you around anyway!

yes i think the kpro is about that much, although you may be able to get one second hand and a bit cheaper..maybe! from what ive heard though, well worth the money. not too suprised to hear the consumption is similar to the zed, although on a run i would imagine the honda would edge it maybe.

yes you are right about my little incident with the dc2, partly why insurance is so much i would guess, although i am suprised it was as much as it was. who are you with?

i can imagine you have spent a bit on mods- they are quite costly for the k-series engines although they do respond well to them.

i'll be honest, if i could get a decent quote for one i would be sorely tempted to get one as im like you at the mo- need to free up some cash for various things.

must say though, they are funny things, the type r's- you either "get them" or you dont i think. me, i love them and ive always said id have another at some point...

now if only i could get a decent quote!

cheers for that mate- have tried sky but they use the same underwriter that made a claim with so i dont think they like me! haha!

might try and see what a-plan say..

enjoy the teg mate- ive not been to the pistonheads meet recently, but may get to the next one..

nice car sinbad :)

refresh my old memory, why did you get rid of the 350Z :blush:

I think he needed room for more than one girlfriend at a time ;)

Theirs definately more room for abit of romance in the integra. You wouldn't believe how much room there is with the rear seats folded down! lol

Its funny you say that Tim, ive been single for a while now, but that may change shortly.... ;)

god knows why i got rid of the Zed i've spent a nice chunk of what i made from the sale of the Zed. :blush: i cant stop spending.

yeah still getting a bike, i'm waiting for my mate to sort his finances out so we can go in for it together. I may leave it until the summer now though as its getting cold and wet haha.

Tim - thats partly the reason i got it. Its quick, slightly hardcore but i can use it everyday. Has a big boot (although i hardly need it) but with it having rear seats i can ejoy it with a few friends now. thinking of going to Nurburg in it next year.

Thanks for all your comments.

Slightly Hardcore.????? :lol::lol::teeth::teeth::lol:

Is that softcore?? Limpcore?? Flacidcore??

How can you be SLIGHTLY hardcore?????????????????????

Although not Mr Mings type of car I can see the attraction. (I like big engines over small powerful ones everytime but did have a honda 1600 VTECi for a while and it was a blast to drive.

I would think that that steps it up a league!

Ming the Garrulous