My replacement car - with pics

sinbad

I know i know, but i cudnt resist. i did settle a couple of debts so i am financially in a better position. I still want a house but im in no rush. Things are pretty cosy at home (i know which side my butters spread on!) and theirs a few options i have available should i want to move out. I'm tempted to get a place with my best mate but id rather get somewhere on my own. I could get a mortgage now but it wouldnt be enough for something i want. Thing is theres nothing decent around where i live for below 130K, so its either a case of share with someone or save alittle longer. I know that when the time comes im ging to ahve to sell the car so i dont know how long i'll have it for.

Jay - yeah im happy to bring it along to some meets but the only one ive ever been to is the Wales one and im ruled out of that. So if theirs any ooop North/midlands or even london (i go there now and again) then id be happy to pop along!

The cars not perfect at the mo, Ive just bought a Hondata ecu which ive been trying to map. Ive eliminated all the knocks and got the AF ratio pretty good now but it really needs to be setup on a dyno...

I know i know, but i cudnt resist. i did settle a couple of debts so i am financially in a better position. I still want a house but im in no rush. Things are pretty cosy at home (i know which side my butters spread on!) and theirs a few options i have available should i want to move out. I'm tempted to get a place with my best mate but id rather get somewhere on my own. I could get a mortgage now but it wouldnt be enough for something i want. Thing is theres nothing decent around where i live for below 130K, so its either a case of share with someone or save alittle longer. I know that when the time comes im ging to ahve to sell the car so i dont know how long i'll have it for.

Jay - yeah im happy to bring it along to some meets but the only one ive ever been to is the Wales one and im ruled out of that. So if theirs any ooop North/midlands or even london (i go there now and again) then id be happy to pop along!

The cars not perfect at the mo, Ive just bought a Hondata ecu which ive been trying to map. Ive eliminated all the knocks and got the AF ratio pretty good now but it really needs to be setup on a dyno...

You're going to ride shotgun with someone for Wales though, aren't you? If you do you'll have to drive something to Chester..... :teeth:

Looking B)

Cheers, theirs still one or two things i want sorting to get it closer to what i finally want but i'm enjoying it.

Went for a curry tonight and caught some guy taking photo's of it. :lol: Ive had it a month and only seen 1 other..

:yawn: Quite a few here. No offence but I've always seen these as the next step up for boys racers in their dodgy body kit barely hanging on civics.

They do have nice styling though so if Honda did sell them here they'd sell in large numbers.

Type of car I'd tell my mother to buy next if it were available. She'll probably get the new civic instead.

Guy

• 4 weeks later...

Id tell her to get the civic too, much easier to live with on a daily basis as its much softer. I know what you mean about the image but i never buy a car on that, it would be a boring world if we all bought the same car. I usually buy a car on what it can do and the grin factor it gives you. The teg is great fun to drive.

Theres not that many round here at all. I see quite a few zeds on my daily trip and there getting more and more common recently, although not as bad as the TT.

I finally saw another DC5 yesterday :yahoo: there doesnt seem to be that many round here. Thats only 2 since the begining of september.

Anyway just had a rolling road tune to make sure everything was running right and made 241bhp and 172lb/ft torque. Not bad on a car that weighs 1170kgs!

well chuffed with my results. :teeth: Car seems soo much smoother.

I know tell me about it!

It feels soo much smoother now, previously it peaked at jst over 150lbs/ft now it pretty much never drops below 150lbs/ft. Picks up soo much better, i dont have to use as much revs now to make progress.

Going to sort the suspension out next and get some wheels before i try to get any more power.

Still, feels like how Honda should have released it. Paul at TDi North was brilliant. He had me booked in for 2 hours but spent 3 hours on it to make sure it was right before he handed it back to me. Oh and im getting better mpg too B)

I know tell me about it!

It feels soo much smoother now, previously it peaked at jst over 150lbs/ft now it pretty much never drops below 150lbs/ft. Picks up soo much better, i dont have to use as much revs now to make progress.

Going to sort the suspension out next and get some wheels before i try to get any more power.

Still, feels like how Honda should have released it. Paul at TDi North was brilliant. He had me booked in for 2 hours but spent 3 hours on it to make sure it was right before he handed it back to me. Oh and im getting better mpg too B)

Have to blag a run with u sometime fella :thumbs:

I know tell me about it!

Have to blag a run with u sometime fella :thumbs:

Anytime! :thumbs:

I'd be more than happy to taek you for a spin, just give us a shout.

It just cant compete with the rumble of the Zed though :dry:

Im a bit late on this one being a relative newbie, but i think it looks great mate, you cant go wrong with a DC5 ;) Other than the NSX, its the best looking car Honda have released in my opinion B) Theyve exploded in popularity round here and theres loads about here now unfortunately, but i wouldnt say no, and 241bhp is a fantastic result :yahoo:

Anytime! :thumbs:

I'd be more than happy to taek you for a spin, just give us a shout.

It just cant compete with the rumble of the Zed though :dry:

Nice one mate :thumbs:

Yeah specially stuey's & lomoto's thru Welsh tunnels eh???!!!!

:not_me:

:lol:

Whats up stuey?