Rear Tyre Profile Question

timb2010

but if i replace the backs, when the front need replacing i wont be able to replace them, so will need to buy a full set unless i mix.

Arrrrgghhhhh!!!

Dan do you rate the uniroyal rainsports?

I nearly clicked check-out on the MPSS from tyresave, but £520 seems so much!!

Rain sports are okay, more suited to an mx5 than a 350 though.

You'll get so much more mileage out of the MPSS, that it makes them the best value tyre to buy more than anything. Chuck it on a 0% credit card, or even a normal one and pay it off over a couple of months: Long term, you'll be quids in.

Sorry to jump in but having done a fair bit of tyre testing I would say stay away from the Uniroyals simply because the sidewalls are a lot more flexible-ie-they do not respond very quickly to changes of direction.

As an aside, always thought standard size fronts to be 225/40/18s?

Thanks Brillo, interesting that I have the lower profile on my car, bought straight from Nissan (I'm 2nd owner) with the 40s on the front-just assumed (yes I know) that was correct!

So my next fronts will give a much needed ride height improvement then.:)

If you're going to change the profile from 40 to 45, you'd really need to change all 4 at the same time because the traction control may freak out.

IMO, on a budget get the Kumho KU39's and if you want the best tyre on the market for more reasons than just exception grip, throw another £100 on the table and get the MPSS :)

Every time I see someone else recommend the MPSS with the same fervent vigour I do, my heart swells with pride and I feel like an old man watching the newly trained youngsters tending to the flock :D

Did I say MPSS? I meant MPS2's :p

• 1 month later...

To be fair, if I bought a 458 I wouldn't feel much of a difference in performance either, until that is I get the chance to reach it's potential. A Ferrari in a 30 zone still only does 30 ;)

I am looking to replace my Bridgestone RE050A and I have the 18 Rays alloys on the rear and the current size is 245 45 18..... could I push the 245 to anything larger i also have some dog *&?$ tyres on the front...... is this super bad althought they are the correct size.

p.s i am in watford does anyone recommend a compitant tyre place?

Edited by chrisday1990

im after 4 new tyres for my 350z can anyone recommend a good name just want mid range tyres but good and cheep ?

I use Falken 453's on my Zed which are a good mid range budget tyre.

Have you tried looking at Black Circles or similar tyre site? That way you can enter the size of tyre you are after and see all the different options & prices.

Remember though it is important to have the correct load index tyres for the Zed as it's a heavy car (100Y I think). ;)