Taken the plunge, 2 1/2 years and the wait is over!

Tilly

Hey guys!

You may remember me from a month or so ago when I was so close to purchasing a Z, but after the advise given I decided it was a no go as the price was far too high. Thanks to all again for the advise :thumbs:

Anyway, the searched continued and came across a yellow GT4 at Chorley which I went to view a few weeks ago. Before I went I had my doubts as the yellow wasn't a favourite at all, but I rolled up in the car park and there it was. Whether I got up out of the wrong side of bed or not i will never no but an hour or so later I was the very proud owner of a yellow 350Z :scare::yahoo:

So last week I went to pick her up with my son and what a day it turned out to be :thumbs: We went straight to Blubberhouses and up to Menwith Hill which was a run mentioned in the owners book. Recommend this run out to anyone! It has some stunning views and roads and there are also some lovely pubs to stop at. Maybe a future meet location? Couldn't stop smiling the whole time and have still got the smile while typing this :teeth:

I managed to get a few photos of her today while I was in Wales so here she is! If its ok I would also like to put my name down for the Wales meet also as it would be great to meet some of you guys :thumbs:

Z4.jpg

Z3.jpg

Z2.jpg

Z1.jpg

Im no photographer but these don't do this car justice at all. So do I regret buying a yellow 350Z? Hell No! And yes, I will change the ariel hehe :boxing:

B) Well done Tilly. Its a fabulous and exclusive colour! Enjoy every minute with it - its the only car I've owned that I've hand washed at least every week in my two years and 40k miles of ownership!

Just one point - it looks a little pale in your photos. Is that the camera, the weather or does it just need a really good detailing to bring out the sparkle?

Dont forget to PM me your GT4 details so I can add you to the Register (when you stop driving for long enough!)

JohnK

B) Well done Tilly. Its a fabulous and exclusive colour! Enjoy every minute with it - its the only car I've owned that I've hand washed at least every week in my two years and 40k miles of ownership!

Just one point - it looks a little pale in your photos. Is that the camera, the weather or does it just need a really good detailing to bring out the sparkle?

Dont forget to PM me your GT4 details so I can add you to the Register (when you stop driving for long enough!)

JohnK

I think it's just picked up some of the green from the tree it's parked under..?

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbs:

Yeah sorry about the pics, the light wasn't the best to be honest and it didn't help it been under a tree, but it was a sight to be seen at the time ;)

Did give her a good wash yesterday, colour came through like a dream and I can now actually see the wheels, don't suppose there's anything to stop the brake dust?

.......... don't suppose there's anything to stop the brake dust?

There are a number of manufacturers who sell wax products for alloy wheels, and some of them do seem to help prevent the dust from sticking. It's therefore easier to clean them up. I am currently using Turtle Wax Extreme Wax for Wheels, and I think it makes the alloys a bit slippier.

Mind you, a good auto wax would probably achieve much the same result.

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbs:

Yeah sorry about the pics, the light wasn't the best to be honest and it didn't help it been under a tree, but it was a sight to be seen at the time ;)

Did give her a good wash yesterday, colour came through like a dream and I can now actually see the wheels, don't suppose there's anything to stop the brake dust?

Easiest way to reduce the brake dust is to get yourself some Red Stuff pads off bigphil on here. Next step would be to clean em every week with water. If you do have them refurbished / get new ones, then waxing them will help seal them or use AG Ultra Gloss Protection which is a semi permanent hard coat. :)

Tilly - with the 2nd best colour ( :p ) you've got to be careful about washing it. It's such a great colour in the sunshine that you don't want to ruin it with poor washing techniques.

Check out www.detailingworld.co.uk and find out how to make your motor sparkle. In summary, use at least 2 buckets (one with a grit guard in it), a good wash mitt, a quality shampoo and rinse your mitt after washing each panel. Dry with a good quality waffle weave towel (poorboy's do a good large one) and finish off with some Meguires Last Touch or Quik Detailer with a microfibre cloth.

Sounds like a ballache but it's soooo worth it so as not to cause swirls and marks!

:welcome: too :teeth: