Village Life

StevoD

I dont have a licence but the guy we volunteer for does, and he does it out his own pocket plus whatever he gets back on tickets as far as im away! the set up was manic! soo much wiring as its all done choreographed with the music too!

I've actually got my own remote firing kit. I think it's a 32 bank.

Made my own rocket launching device a few years ago. 10 rocket tubes on a rack, wired up to my remote unit along with 22 other fireworks and sit back and relax just pressing buttons.

It even has a special key, just to make you feel like a right pyromaniac!! :lol:

Would love to get back into it again but fireworks have doubled in price over the last two years.

Sounds like something the Russians used in WW2 :)

• Like 1

I dont have a licence but the guy we volunteer for does, and he does it out his own pocket plus whatever he gets back on tickets as far as im away! the set up was manic! soo much wiring as its all done choreographed with the music too!

I've actually got my own remote firing kit. I think it's a 32 bank.

Made my own rocket launching device a few years ago. 10 rocket tubes on a rack, wired up to my remote unit along with 22 other fireworks and sit back and relax just pressing buttons.

It even has a special key, just to make you feel like a right pyromaniac!! :lol:

Would love to get back into it again but fireworks have doubled in price over the last two years.

Sounds like something the Russians used in WW2 :)

i live in a village just like it, a village full of old people where if they saw a black guy they would probably stare in amazement

im mixed race, half english, quarter Aus, quarter Phillipines, and i look a tanned with a hint of asian, and i was talking to a neighbour and he said i looked, and i quote, "a little exotic" :lol: and asked if i "did all martial arts you folks do"

Edited by Desey
  • Like 2

im mixed race, half english, quarter Aus, quarter Phillipines, and i look a tanned with a hint of asian, and i was talking to a neighbour and he said i looked, and i quote, "a little exotic" :lol: and asked if i "did all martial arts you folks do"

Superb, my village is not dissimilar, they were talking for weeks after a Rasta came into the pub the other day :lol:

i live in a village just like it, a village full of old people where if they saw a black guy they would probably stare in amazement

Are we related? lol you just described me, but both my parents are english, think i've cocked up some dna somewhere down the line :lol:

Me and my ex have two dogs that live with her one loves fireworks and the other is scared almost to death by them. They are brothers and have been bought up together in the same way so I don't think it is a training thing.What I do find funny is the fact that everyone goes on and worries about terrorist threats yet we still sell dangerous explosives in the supermarkets?

I am ex military and lived in village locations near training areas where loud bangs were common place. Fireworks ? Meh... Try 12 AS90's laying down supressive arty support.

I like fireworks. I enjoy the smaller scale public displays ones (Anmer, on the Sandhurst estate in Norfolk is very good and a bit of a secret up until now ! Doh! ) and doing my own thing for the kids - but they are pricey and as Mum used to say - "Fireworks are money up in smoke"

I like it that we have a society where we have the freedom to buy and discharge fireworks any time of year to cover all celebratory events. I don't agree with the views of anti firework lobby/pet owners but would die for their right to express their opinions.

LOL! I suspect it would be much the same where I live now, but as newcomers of just 2.5 years I think we are looked on with some suspicion, I'm told it takes around 20 years to be completely excepted LOL!

LOL! I suspect it would be much the same where I live now, but as newcomers of just 2.5 years I think we are looked on with some suspicion, I'm told it takes around 20 years to be completely excepted LOL!

Maybe they have seen your avatar and still working out which planet you are from :lol:

• Like 1