think my car has just been written off!! Update 13/3/15 pics added

kbeast35

she should have her licence taken off her and the examiner should be checked out! causing an accident a week after passing is pathetic! hope it gets fixed

don't agree with that at all

forced to redo her test - yes maybe, but the examiner............come on get real - she would have performed satisfatorily in her test so why wouldn't he pass her

As Dan says - its why young person insurance is so high

Well put it this way, she clearly failed a very basic rule which you would fail a driving test on. doing so after only a week of having your drivig license makes you wonder. i drove like a saint for a good month or so before the rules started to get bent a bit and even now i make damn sure a junction is clear before i pull out! what if it was a motorcycle? possible fatality right there!

if she has to redo her test so short after, an examiner should be examined also even just as a formality!

I need some urgent advice guys, I called my insurer admiral on Sunday, told them about the accident they asked if I need a replacement car to which I answered yes as mine is un-drivable they then put me through to Albany assistance who will provide an equivalent car and deal with any repairs, car turned up on Monday Audi A5 convertible, get a call today from the girl who hit me insurers tesco offering a car and repairs which I declined as its all in hand, they asked if I was using Albany and said that I will be liable for any costs over £60 per day, so should I be going through admiral and Albany or should I be using her insurance for all repairs and hire car? Car is supposed to be getting picked up this evening by the garage but I will cancel if I have to, any advice appreciated

I need some urgent advice guys, I called my insurer admiral on Sunday, told them about the accident they asked if I need a replacement car to which I answered yes as mine is un-drivable they then put me through to Albany assistance who will provide an equivalent car and deal with any repairs, car turned up on Monday Audi A5 convertible, get a call today from the girl who hit me insurers tesco offering a car and repairs which I declined as its all in hand, they asked if I was using Albany and said that I will be liable for any costs over £60 per day, so should I be going through admiral and Albany or should I be using her insurance for all repairs and hire car? Car is supposed to be getting picked up this evening by the garage but I will cancel if I have to, any advice appreciated

Check it out with your insurance company, they should be covering the costs (and claim it back) not you

Anyway, feel for you mate, I only curbed my wheel and was heart broken :blush:

Rob

Albany will claim back the cost from the girl's insurance company. She is at fault and is therefore liable for all losses that she caused. It would be better to claim everything directly from her insurance as those claim management companies are unnecessarily increasing insurance costs for everyone, but you are under no obligation whatsoever to do so.

I had this last year, I told my insurance as notification only and let the other sides insurance sort everything out. My renewal quote was unaffected the following year. (Actually cheaper)

I was hit 5 years ago (not my fault at all) and my motorbike was a write off, I claimed through my insurance for ease and when I came to reinsure the replacement bike it had nearly tripled my premium because I'd claimed on my own insurance !

I'm no insurance expert but this is how it worked out for me.

because I'd claimed on my own insurance !

this maybe due to the fact that your insurers were unable to claim back or didn't claim back from the other person

I had a no fault claim (car was parked and someone ran into the front of it) - claimed through my insurers, but everything was recovered - I just have to make sure when re-insuring that I put it down as a no-fault claim with all monies recovered

I'm just concerned that I'm about to hand over my pride and joy to a bunch of cowboys who are going to pull my pants down at every opportunity! Everything I've read on the internet is negative as with most things people will only post if they've had issues, I was assured by admiral that this is the procedure for a non fault claim so went with their advice as that's who I pay, the woman from tesco has put doubt in my mind that I should be going through them instead :shrug:

because I'd claimed on my own insurance !

this maybe due to the fact that your insurers were unable to claim back or didn't claim back from the other person

I had a no fault claim (car was parked and someone ran into the front of it) - claimed through my insurers, but everything was recovered - I just have to make sure when re-insuring that I put it down as a no-fault claim with all monies recovered

My insurance company recovered all their costs from the other side. I asked them at the time. Like I said I'm no expert, I can only say what happened to me.

If they are going to repair don't let them take it to Just car clinic. I made that mistake, 5 attempts to repair and then admitted they had never worked on a zed before and didn't know how it should look! I had to refuse the repair each time and get a company director involved to finally get it sorted, 18 months on the repair has failed.

Just use a body shop of your choice if possible.

They're taking it to balgores in bury St. Edmonds, I think I'll just carry on as I am it's why I have insurance and they told me it will be at no cost to me plus I have legal protection so if it comes down to it I should be ok

Probably best in the long run, Tesco are in the picture because they want to try to "control" the costs that they incur to repair your car on the girls' behalf and who knows what they might or might not do. They've already shown their devious hand to a degree by trying to "scare" you regarding the Albany costs, truth be told they know they will have to foot the bill anyway as thier client is at fault.

if it was her fault, which it was, dont worry. Her insurance will cover the lot. Make sure you ask for a like for like courtesy car when yours is in, ie a coupe of sorts. Like someone said, new wing, new door skin, new quarter maybe and paint.

good luck.

if it was her fault, which it was, dont worry. Her insurance will cover the lot. Make sure you ask for a like for like courtesy car when yours is in, ie a coupe of sorts. Like someone said, new wing, new door skin, new quarter maybe and paint.

good luck.

He's already got the repalcement car :surrender:

It looks a lot worse than it is.

The front fender and door skin new £350.

The most expensive part new is the rear quarter panel.

at about £550

Paint approx £300 a panel.

I am guessing the wheel is ok?

£2k should cover providing there is no structural damage.

But you can save by buying 2nd hand parts.

Which could reduce the price to about £15-£1600

A few cars being broken in the for sale section I believe.

You obviously don't do Insurance quotes Pete do you, 3 years ago 1 x Rays alloy + tyre was £1,200 alone :lol:

Wheel looks Ok to me.

Agreed about the wheel if its new as mine was £1130 when insurance paid.

There was another full set with tyres on flebay for £250 last week.

Those prices are all for DIY :)

Another one bites the dust :( Unfortunately it's almost always going to be a write-off once that rear quarter gets damaged because it has to be cut out and then welded back in, so you can imagine the cost of labour involved in that alone.

another update, car has been written off by the insurers assessors although they made what i considered to be a very fair offer to write it off and dispose of it for me but also the option to take a cheque for less and get the car back as if it was repaired i could put it back on the road as a cat d, so i now have the assessors report and have decided to buy back :) the assessors came up with a bill of over £7000!!! due to the fact they wanted a brand new front wheel at almost £900, new door at £650, steering axle,hub and steering rack at over £1300 :scare: no wonder so many of these cars are getting written off!!

i have spoken to a local bodyshop and they believe the rear quarter can be repaired and are happy for me to source any parts required and are also more than happy to use 2nd hand parts too saving a fortune over the initial assessment so the car should be with them by the end of the week

as for the parts for the steering, the wheel did take a knock and the steering definately wasn't right but again the bodyshop have told me that they will look to see if there's anything obviously bent or broken and start with that and if need be go from there as i find it hard to believe that the whole steering rack, hub and control arms need replacing

the only thing i'm unsure about now is how do i get my ved refunded? do i just sorn the car? i have e mailed the dvla as i can't find a definite answer on their website and would like to do this by the end of the month as i only renewed this month for the year! any advice from you guys much appreciated as always :thumbs:

If you're close to London speak with RT Performance. Great bodyshop and they have a thread with photos of a rear quarter panel repair they did on a car. Sure someone will give you the link, tablets make threads difficult to find.

If you're close to London speak with RT Performance. Great bodyshop and they have a thread with photos of a rear quarter panel repair they did on a car. Sure someone will give you the link, tablets make threads difficult to find.

thanks, yeah i've seen the thread it was wasso's car i believe, :)