Who's done Time Attack?

Grundy

http://www.timeattack.co.uk/new-clubman-class-revealed-standard-basic-tuned/#sthash.t81wH0Ta.dpbs

So, just wondering if anyone has ever been in TA competition?

After the new announcement, think it would be a great place to start.

I've always loved track days, always had passion for driving and want to take it further. I'm a competitive person, and track days aren't the place to be competitive, so this looks like it could suit me down to the ground!

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience and would like to shed some light.

Plan is to build and test through 2015, and enter 2016.

I've competed a few times in my old 200SX.

I'd really recommend it - its a great series, pretty friendly and good fun. I was similar to you in that I wanted to do something competitive after doing loads of trackdays.

I was planning on entering 2015 in my 350 but I probably won't be ready. The last time I entered I just did a "one hit wonder" at Snetterton in 2010, won the class B)

I've competed a few times in my old 200SX.

I'd really recommend it - its a great series, pretty friendly and good fun. I was similar to you in that I wanted to do something competitive after doing loads of trackdays.

I was planning on entering 2015 in my 350 but I probably won't be ready. The last time I entered I just did a "one hit wonder" at Snetterton in 2010, won the class B)

Yeah I'd love to enter 2015, but in too much of a rush to get Engine/Headers/Clutch basically getting my car back on the road :lol: Then need to look at new wheels, suspension etc. So 2016 seems more realistic.

I think it would be awesome to be in it. Even if I do crap :lol: although I was happy that there is a NA and a FI group separate :)

You'll have a good time regardless of winning or not.

I've still got to build up my engine and sort out a load of other things, so the chances of it all being finished are slim. I've got a couple of customers (VX220t and an RX7) who are sposed to be entering, and I'll go along to the events to support them I expect.

I would imagine its highly addictive and will then become incredibly costly as you strive to make your car better or to give you a shot at winning, i cant imagine you would feel satisfied with coming 2, 3, 6th or whatever if your competitive and you then enter the world of motorsport i.e money.

I didnt think you actually raced against people though, isnt it timed laps?

Sounds very interesting grundy ~ be interested to see how this pans out. :thumbs:

Genuinely interested and excited. Always wanted to get into it some how, but never knew how.

So now I do, the project begins.

- Get her back on the road

- Get a 2nd car

- Get new wheels

- Get new suspension

- lose all the weight

-Roll on 2016 :)

Sounds very interesting grundy ~ be interested to see how this pans out. :thumbs:

Genuinely interested and excited. Always wanted to get into it some how, but never knew how.

So now I do, the project begins.

- Get her back on the road

- Get a 2nd car

- Get new wheels

- Get new suspension

- lose all the weight

-Roll on 2016 :)

When you say "lose all the weight" do you mean you or the car?? :dry:

If it's the latter then yes that should make a big difference, ...if it's the former then that's not going to help much I'm afraid. :D:lol:

• Like 1

Just buy a championship time attack car straight up mate ;) Mike off the VX220 forum is selling up!

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/133564-race-vx220-championship-winning-car/

Stunning machine! His project thread is a meagre 218 pages long... http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/109203-cliffie-double-time-attack-201213-champion/

Just buy a championship time attack car straight up mate ;) Mike off the VX220 forum is selling up!

http://www.vx220.org...ip-winning-car/

Stunning machine! His project thread is a meagre 218 pages long... http://www.vx220.org...01213-champion/

:lol: I'll just hop straight into the big league :p

The idea is due to the new clubman class, it's suitable for 'noobs' basically. It's not about the winning straight away for me (Well I'll do my best) but more about doing track time with a purpose.

I'd like a crack in my car. Presuming you'd need a full cage and extinguisher system though.

Nope, that's the benifit of this class...it's pretty stockish cars competing. You don't need a cage.

Need a license though. Think there is also so much tweaking to a car you can do in each category.

I'd like a crack in my car. Presuming you'd need a full cage and extinguisher system though.

Nope, that's the benifit of this class...it's pretty stockish cars competing. You don't need a cage.

Need a license though. Think there is also so much tweaking to a car you can do in each category.

I'll be joining then, budget tyres and jezza kyle graphics and all :lol:

I'll be joining then, budget tyres and jezza kyle graphics and all :lol:

no go away :lol: you have your drift scene let me have TA :lol: although would be cool #teamtarmac

#teamtarmac

I would be interesting in trying time attack... been on quite a few trackdays now but would like to know how I faired against other drivers in similar cars - but don't fancy a full on race as I cant afford to replace body panels!

I'm pretty sure it's either done at one at a time (although seems like could be wasting a lot of time that way) or a more common sense way of setting each car of at intervals of say 30sec. Doubt it's like a F1 starting grid.

yeah that would be fine, as long as its not door to door racing! I think im pretty savvy with regards to other cars on circuit, haven't had a problem at any trackdays.

would be interesting to know what class a BMW would be in... basically keeping it track spec, ie standard engine and brakes, but as light as possible, decent brakepads and fluid, suspension mods and decent tyres.

think the biggest factor for me is the prohibitive cost of fitting a cage... although it does say for clubman classes that cages are recommended, but not compulsory.

anyone know how much it is to enter a single round?

yeah that would be fine, as long as its not door to door racing! I think im pretty savvy with regards to other cars on circuit, haven't had a problem at any trackdays.

would be interesting to know what class a BMW would be in... basically keeping it track spec, ie standard engine and brakes, but as light as possible, decent brakepads and fluid, suspension mods and decent tyres.

think the biggest factor for me is the prohibitive cost of fitting a cage... although it does say for clubman classes that cages are recommended, but not compulsory.

anyone know how much it is to enter a single round?

No idea on pricing as I think it's a new class to next season, I need to contact them at some point and inquire .