Who's done Time Attack?

Grundy

When I've watched it, you're all on track together, you just have to find your own space.

I was always under the impression it was a timed thing, not beating the guy on the track, i.e best lap time?

I am not sure i would want to go racing without a cage and harness's however!

All your class will be on track but you only get 15 minutes and in that time I think you go for it when your going for a hot lap your headlights go on to show other drivers you going for your fast laps if that makes sense and if there not going for it they should adjust for you

• Like 1

I've done a few events.

Need a national b speed licence from the Msa and then need to join a club like the Barc.

This will also allow you to enter sprints and hill climbs as well.

Pm me if you need and more details mat

Listen to the man who actually has competition experience ;)

Local hillclimb/sprint events are going to be easier, cheaper, less competitive, etc., Id start there and consider TA once you have a bit of experience under your belt :thumbs:

• Like 1

Docrwa have you looked into the new clubman class and pocket rocket for 2015 designed at people new to track competition (no ards test required) seem a good entry with good prospects to move on up the classes as you wish

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Docrwa have you looked into the new clubman class and pocket rocket for 2015 designed at people new to track competition (no ards test required) seem a good entry with good prospects to move on up the classes as you wish

I saw the link about it, I just cant see TA being cheap even if its the Clubman class, it wont be long before youre throwing money at the car like every other TA competitor ever :lol:

I hate to say it, but really not sure a 350 is a good place to start because of the weight and expensive service items, tyres, brake discs and pads, spares arent going to be cheap if your prang it etc Especially a nice Zed like yours, buy a cat c or d and strip it within an inch of its life imho :)

I've seen a few now, they're very competitive but just not for me.

Rubbing is racing ;)

It's why I prefer the look of TA to Hill climb/Sprint - I feel more chance of an incident on a sprint as apposed to TA

Because at the end of the day it's just a track day, just timed.

You're kidding, far more chance of something happening on a TA than on a hill climb.

Tbh matey, unless you can afford to write the car off then you shouldn't try it. Any motorsport carries risks, and as you need to be at 10/10ths to get anywhere there's always a chance that you could bin it. Hell, you get that same risk with a normal trackday, but it's tenfold when you're competitive.

Not trying to put you off, I'm half tempted myself, but don't deceive yourself into thinking that there's less chance of you damaging your p&j.

• Like 1