Photos of my Zed, cars and general stuff

JJNornIron

Some nice photos there. I keep meaning to get out more and take more photos especially now winter`s coming and there`s not much to keep me occupied around the house and garden. Only thing is, with the weather being always dull and dismal around here, the photos tend to just come out dull and dismal ! (probably my lack of skill though).

I like this one .... https://www.flickr.c...in/photostream/ but what`s with the batman shadow in the foreground. You weren`t in fancy dress were you ? :lol:

Just tried the link and it zooms in so you don`t see it. Need to view the original.

Edited by Wayne370Z
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the feedback guys, its always a nice encouragement to keep at it!!

Mattross1313: nope, no dedicated macro lens, just a canon 50mm "prime" lens so its a fixed focus length, with no zoom. The a set of "extension tubes" off ebay to later the focus of the lens and its lets you get much closer! I end up balancing the camera on the deck and using books/coats and anything else to balance it s you can get close enough to the critters! The reason that its only dead ones is that the land on our deck of the ship where I work and once they have no food source offshore and thats the end of them. At least they are easy to photograph when they don't move :-)

Wayne370Z I never noticed it to be honest unit you mention it.....that was honestly just the tree line, but know you mention it.....:-)

Thanks very much! Yeah when I work offshore, there is nothing else to photograph so I try my hand at a little "macro" photography! Keeps you sane and kills the boredom!!

I was gonna say shouldnt it be 'micro' due to all the insects, as that's what I thought you meant then........

Excellent pics mate. Do you have a dedicated Macro lens? or just filters?

Also, this BMW is just lovely https://www.flickr.c...03/14639514237/

I'm with stoopid!

• Like 1

Mattross1313: nope, no dedicated macro lens, just a canon 50mm "prime" lens so its a fixed focus length, with no zoom. The a set of "extension tubes" off ebay to later the focus of the lens and its lets you get much closer! I end up balancing the camera on the deck and using books/coats and anything else to balance it s you can get close enough to the critters! The reason that its only dead ones is that the land on our deck of the ship where I work and once they have no food source offshore and thats the end of them. At least they are easy to photograph when they don't move :-)

That some great results for a 50mm and tubes. I was mixed between getting extension tubes or close up filters for my 50mm, in the end I went for close up filters.

Excellent pics mate. Do you have a dedicated Macro lens? or just filters?

Also, this BMW is just lovely https://www.flickr.c...03/14639514237/

I'm with stoopid!

Who you calling stoopid? :p

• Like 1