LakeZ 2015

martinmac

Thanks Neil and Graham for the advice,

I thought five months was still a reasonable time in advance

I have pm'd Martin and will see if he has any thoughts, otherwise my other half will have to be on soft drinks so she can drive after the music ends !!!

Dave

Dave I've just had a quick look at where we're staying and they have rooms available there , though it seems to be a 2 night minimum stay. May be worthwhile asking though and mentioning the club as a couple of us stayed there last year. Though I'm sure Martin will sort you out. If not see link below.

http://www.greenbankfarmholidays.co.uk/

• 1 month later...

Takes place in Cark in Cartmel.

It's mostly a social weekend, though there will be a drive out organised for the Saturday.

It's free, though we do ask you contribute to the raffle to help support the weekend.

You can camp onsite, or stay in one of the numerous pubs/B&B's in the area.

There is live entertainment on the Saturday evening in the town hall.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

Takes place in Cark in Cartmel.

It's mostly a social weekend, though there will be a drive out organised for the Saturday.

It's free, though we do ask you contribute to the raffle to help support the weekend.

You can camp onsite, or stay in one of the numerous pubs/B&B's in the area.

There is live entertainment on the Saturday evening in the town hall.

I am also putting my karting title on the line for the Saturday morning. The karting centre is a short drive from the town hall and was well attended last year :thumbs: cough cough come Lexx :lol:

Not long to go now. One more leave for me then I will be watching the forecast. We are due a really hot one. :)

I have also booked the acts for 2016 so feed me enough drink and I may give you a few hints. :p

Dont forget about the races on Friday and Sunday. Cartmel racecourse is pretty special.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a further reminder for anyone wanting to eat at the pub over the weekend. Its essential that you book a table. They will be starting to serve food earlier this year to allow everyone to get fed in time. They will also be serving breakfast. For anyone wanting this please order and pay the night before.

This is the last year that Ben and Antonia will be looking after us. They are doing well but the brewery have got greedy and hiked the rent to a level they wouldnt be making any money.

There will be food at the hall on the Saturday night. It will either be a BBQ or a buffet. This will be decided next week.

Just a further reminder for anyone wanting to eat at the pub over the weekend. Its essential that you book a table. They will be starting to serve food earlier this year to allow everyone to get fed in time. They will also be serving breakfast. For anyone wanting this please order and pay the night before.

This is the last year that Ben and Antonia will be looking after us. They are doing well but the brewery have got greedy and hiked the rent to a level they wouldnt be making any money.

There will be food at the hall on the Saturday night. It will either be a BBQ or a buffet. This will be decided next week.

Same old story I'm afraid Martin as for rent and brewery's it's always the case my parents ran pubs for 30 odd years and it was a constant battle with them as soon as you started making money up the rent would go ! Needless to say I never followed in their footsteps and became an electrician. In my job I now work in a lot of pubs and see a lot of people that have invested everything they have into a pub it either goes well then the rent goes up or fails for them and they loose everything. Either way the brewery just get someone else in and take their money. It's rare these days that the same people run the same pub for long.