LakeZ 2015

martinmac

Yes its early but Cartmel have just announced the dates for the races in 2015. The rooms get booked up very early, like in the next few months. The is racing on Friday 26th June and Sunday 28th June. This is great if you want to tie it in with the car meet but prices go up and the place gets full up.

They have never had races in June before but I have bands booked so cant change the dates. :surrender:

For anyone travelling on Friday or Sunday, please avoid Cartmel between 1000 and 1300. The traffic can be horrendous.

Plan for the weekend. :)

Friday arrivals. The pub will be serving food all day over the weekend. They will also be doing breakfasts. It is essential that you book a table. With the races on it will be very busy. Friday daytime and evening is a meet and greet at the pub. The races are on so if anyone wants to attend let me know. I wont bother so I am around to help anyone out.

Saturday. The steam train and lakes steamers is a great option for a chilled day out. There will be a drive out for anyone interested.

Saturday evening we will have a BBQ at the hall, this will be available during the music. .

Sunday morning the cars will be judged by my friend the motoring journalist. As usual, dont worry ablout cleaning the cars. For those that are interested we can then have a chilled day at the races. We need to be there by about 1030.

Other things to do.

Lakeland car museum.

http://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/

Heverthwaite railway which links to the lake steamers.

http://www.lakesiderailway.co.uk/

• Like 1

Very much not amused by this. I will start to phone around tomorrow and see what I can do. Eabank with its six rooms may be a good option. They appreciate the fact that I block book it. The haven site is also only 2 miles away and I may be able to get deals on the statics.

I suppose it could be worse. I enjoy the races so it will give us something to do. I quite fancy a zed convoy onto the races. You can take your car onto the paddock field and I have tables, chairs etc. You can also take on you own refreshements and we could have a BBQ. The pub is going to be hammered.

• Like 1

OK, I have always been trained to use these things as a chance to make meets better. There will be racing on the Friday and the Sunday. Both are afternoon meets.

To get in the paddock its better to get there by about 1030 otherwise you get put in the overflow field. Its a great day out and I usually go anyway. It could be a blast but the pub will struggle to cope. I will talk to them tomorrow.

I will update the first post soon. So.......

Thats a days racing on the Friday. Pub for food in the evening YOU WILL NEED TO BOOK. Saturday a drive out or the steam train and steamers. Saturday evening at the hall, BBQ, Toyah and The Stumble. Sunday, show and shine and then races again. I guess this works. :)

• Like 3

if i came up this time id adjust for the rush hour and try to avoid a 10 hour journey. I love my zed but that was too long for us to be together, especially when the sat nav kept finding me fun new routes to divert on. That pint that Chris had waiting for me when i arrived was the best one yet

lol I want over that direction for camping also,away from the trees & midges! I'll probably be bringing a tent similar to yours Chris, so there may be room if anybody is looking for somewhere to camp...**Cough** Hensh** ;) Don't you be trying to go all fancy on us again staying in hotels and stuff!

• Like 1

I have sent out some e-mails to check on prices. The thinking is that the races wont be too busy but the hotels and B&Bs will still try it on. Nearer the time I will post about advanced tickets if anyone fancies the racing. I have had a chat to the pub and they will manage to cater for us. Please book though it will be busy. Just out of interest, the Rose and Crown still has a room. If anyone wants it mention me though or you will get the races price.