Axe or Rota GTR wheels?

anglais49

V2Ih0BJ.pngOwEAD4Z.png

I've got a decision to make on wheels.

The GTRs were on the car before, but I didn't love the look of it with black wheels (car is gunmetal). They were also a bit scuffed, so I bought these silver Axe wheels and took the Rotas off for a refurb.

The Axe wheels look fine on the car but now, but I'm not 100% sold on quite bright silver wheels against gunmetal grey, and now I have the Rotas back, they're looking super sharp.

So which set do I keep and which do I sell?

Edited by anglais49

Hah yeah I will most likely sell the Rotas if I decide not to put them back on.

That pic doesn't show the Rotas well, but that's kinda what I don't like about black wheels anyway. I almost don't notice them

Edited by anglais49

well no but your first post you posted up a completely different wheel to what you actually own,

Axe are both Cheap cast knock off jobs, depends do you like the motorsport style wheel or the bling show wheels :)

Haha, sorry. Apparently I can't count spokes.

I'd prefer the GTRs in grey, which solves nothing. Grrrf.

I dont know if its just the different angles of the shots but the Rotas highlight how much your car needs lowered more than the AXE wheels. That could just be the way the pictures look though.

I put Rim tape on my black alloys to make them look a bit less boring black. Really glad I did, cheap easy mod :thumbs:

Silver black and yellow sounds good to me :thumbs:

I dont know if its just the different angles of the shots but the Rotas highlight how much your car needs lowered more than the AXE wheels. That could just be the way the pictures look though.

I put Rim tape on my black alloys to make them look a bit less boring black. Really glad I did, cheap easy mod :thumbs:

Silver black and yellow sounds good to me :thumbs:

It used to be 20mm lower than the photo with the black alloys, but I live in the sticks and it scrapes along the ground on humped country lanes, so it had to go back up. The Axe wheels are 19s, s it's helped fill the arches a bit better. That's another reason I'm tempted to stick with them

I prefer the axe wheels as they stand now - not a big fan of completely black wheels. Now if the Rotas were dark silver, maybe with silver lip, I might go the other way. Having said that, the axe wheels are nice looking and a bit different. Which is always good.