"Assaulted" by a child today

twobears

I spent the day down on the south coast today and had the oddest experience when I stopped at McDonalds for a coke. A tall, overweight child of about 7 or 8 was standing near the entrance with his father or guardian, waiting for their order to be got ready and as I walked in the child took one look at me, his face went like thunder, he made a growling noise and then charged at me :scare: I was surprised and stood rooted to the spot but Mr Two Bears jumped in between me and the child and got punched in the stomach for his trouble. Amazing! I hadn't done or said anything to the child and I am still a bit stunned by the whole experience.

On my way out the child took aim at me again and went to charge at me like an angry bull but this time his father/guardian grabbed hold of him so I could walk past safely. I didn't dare look at the child in case it broke free (it really was a chunky thing) and scarpered back to the car whilst the child made growling noises at me. They eventually came out carrying loads of food in bags and jumped in a taxi and I sighed a sigh of relief but what a weird thing to happen. All I can think is that the child had special needs but imagine what it will be like in another few years. In a secure unit I expect.

Mr Two Bears was ok by the way, just shocked like me but we didn't really know what to do apart from keeping the child away from me. If he had special needs I feel sorry for him but he is a bit too dangerous to be out in public if he's going to try to attack people maybe?

Edited by twobears

No, I'm not put off. Your are lovely and have never shown any sign of wanting to punch me :lol:

I was too shocked to react at all but, yes, I would have probably been in the wrong even if I'd put my hands out in self-defence. I honestly think the child is dangerous though, for whatever reason, and if I'd not had Mr Two Bears to protect me I think he could easily have made me fall on the floor if he'd head butted me in the stomach as he appeared to be trying to do. His father sort of muttered something which might have been "Sorry" but imagine if he'd done it to a pregnant woman or old person or similar :(

Edited by twobears

What a weird thing to happen.

You should have gone in an ordered a dry bun put a load of ketchup and mayo on both halves.

Then gone outside and if he charged at you waited until he was at arms length slapped the first half in his face.

Then if the parent / guardian complained you should slapped the other half in his face saying "keep the little fecker on a leash".

Any one want to come for a macdonalds. :lol:

The child was certainly no stranger to the burger if his size was anything to go by :( When children are that old you can't really keep them on reins like a toddler but I am not sure what the answer is if they are hellbent on violence towards strangers? The problem will only get worse as the child gets older unless someone can tackle his obvious anger issues and poor impulse control. His father/guardian was a large man himself and didn't seem able to control the child or surely he wouldn't have let it try to head butt me twice in the space of a few minutes?

I momentarily thought of 'revenge' but then I figured that I didn't know what medical issues the child may or may not have had so remonstrating with his father may not have been appropriate? Who knows? It could have just been a family with low IQ but what can you do about that? His behaviour was certainly out of the ordinary and I am grateful I was able to get back into my car in one piece and drive away. I could never cope with a feral child myself :surrender:

Dan, I agree that the father (if that's who he was) didn't seem too put out by the child's actions. If my child had done that I would have been mortified and straight on the phone to a good child psychiatrist I have to say but maybe he had a medical problem that I was unaware of? It can't be long before he does it to someone who does retaliate so maybe that will force his father to seek help?

I should point out that the child hadn't eaten a burger at this stage. He was waiting for one though. Maybe he was so hungry that he was hallucinating that I was a burger? I knew I shouldn't have accessorised today's outfit with a gherkin :wacko::lol:

• Like 4

Got to admit I have only ever eaten one burger in my life and I hated it so have never tried another :dry: I really like the chocolate frappés in McDonald's though and they are equally unhealthy :wacko:

I agree that his father seemed a bit unworried that the child was launching attacks on random women but, like I said, either the child had a known medical issue or the father himself had a lower than average IQ? It did unnerve me at the time and Mr TwoBears was a bit angry on my behalf but my main concern is for the next person that gets attacked. It might not end so well for them or perhaps the child himself if he attacks and hurts another child and their father decks him?

Be careful dealing heavily with children however effing annoying they are - I was involved in an incident with a group of kids on a local estate a couple of years back that left me expecting a knock on the door from the local constabulary - which fortunately never came.

I was driving along in the snow and ice when I heard a massive bang on the side of my car - I slammed on and a quick scan around the scene seemed to point to a group of kids having thrown something at me. I got out of the car and started walking towards them talking in my sternest Ray Winstone voice expecting that they would sh1t themselves and scatter - instead they started pelting me with snow balls, which was poorly judged, so I started running at them and this did make some of them dispserse but one or two just stood there and let me get to them - I managed to stop myself throwing any punches, but what do you do when you catch a child that threw a snowball at your car? I pushed them about a bit and made a point or two - they apologised in a fashion so i walked away.

Unfortunately, one of the little tw@ts must have been Freddy Flintoft's nephew because just when I put my hand on my car door handle I got caught on the back of the head by a ball of ice - which although it had great comedy value - unfortunately sent the red mist into a full blood boil and so I jumped in the car - which had 4wd - and chased the buggers back into their estate with the engine racing, wheels spinning, tail sliding like something out of the Sweeney.

The really worrying thing was that I was driving the car at them - I was so bloody mad - and then it started to dawn on me that a 50 year old grey haired bloke probably isn't that scary in that part of town and however cross I was it probably didn't excuse me using my car as a weapon against a bunch of teenagers! It also occurred to me that it all could have ended very badly if I'd hit one of them or worse, actually had to fight with anyone - as it's about 30 years since my last bout!

I don't know? What do you do? Why shouldn't you stand up for yourself and protect yourselves and your possessions against anyone - if they think they're big enough to 'take on' the adult I'd say it makes them fair game. I know it wouldn't look good on the charge sheet though!

I don't know? What do you do? Why shouldn't you stand up for yourself and protect yourselves and your possessions against anyone - if they think they're big enough to 'take on' the adult I'd say it makes them fair game. I know it wouldn't look good on the charge sheet though!

Tazer the insolent little blighters! then go do the parents

• Like 2