Premium Ron

zebedy

There may be damage, but it's probably fine. Even when I hoon the zed about a bit I rarely go over 5k, and thats pushing along, so chances are it hasn't spent much, if any time up past the safe point. :)

Edited by KyleR

cheers guys. I know that Ive not taking it over 5000 rpm as the car only commutes 2 miles each way to work each day with the occassional week end banter but nothing silly. Also I must confess that I too use 97 ron most of the time as its the closest garage to me.

Lets hope that nothings been effected. Gonna get a compression test done on pay day to see whats what.

thanks again.

2 miles, will probably do more damage than the other issue. You need to walk or cycle my friend.

Walk... are you mad. Hope your not on about the ozone and climate change. Lol in South Wales it's been bloody sunny for the past two months. And that's unheard of I tell you. Lets get more 3.5's on the road I say.

I'm with you ZZZebady! Mine only 2 miles but it's getting in my Zed that makes my day! And now it's dark when I leave work at 8pm she winks nicely at me and the interior light welcomes me in! Lol sad aren't Iâ€¼ï¸ na just in love with my motor 😎0aa93a5a5aa65d66f9a98fb039039353.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive mine 2 mile each way to work also... but as engine is cold I never really go over or need to go over 2.5k rpm

This means the oil never really heats up and any water inside the engine doesnt evaporate, youre doing more damage than if you drove to work at 6000rpm IMO.

Not being funny guys, but if its 2 miles, cant you just walk or bike? Id kill to live that close to my office ..........

I find although it's a short drive she's warmed up by half way so after that I keep the revs up and gears low to get her burning off any moisture but in the light of what's been said may well leave a bit earlier take a detour and enjoy it more whilst getting her hot for longer, good excuse for doing more miles! Although will consider getting the other half to take me in and pick me up when weather gets colder as she will take much longer to warm up. Thanks for the input guys 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As said short trips that never allow the oil temps to get to 90 to 100C will never evaporate the water vapor and the resulting build up of combustion by products like certain acid compounds, so they end up suspended in the oil...the result is reduced oil efficiency with a corrosive by product suspended in it.

• Like 1