iOS 8

RafsZed

I have the same problem as regards the BT Hub on all household Apple devices ( 2 x iPad, 1 x iPod, 1 x iPhone, 1 x Macbook Air, 1 x Mac Mini) especially when streaming videos ( not all at the same time!) .so wonder sometimes if its the hub not the device. Get frequent drop offs from PS3 when streaming Now TV as well.

I have the same problem as regards the BT Hub on all household Apple devices ( 2 x iPad, 1 x iPod, 1 x iPhone, 1 x Macbook Air, 1 x Mac Mini) especially when streaming videos ( not all at the same time!) .so wonder sometimes if its the hub not the device. Get frequent drop offs from PS3 when streaming Now TV as well.

Intersting you say that as although I have the fibre optic infinity streaming vids/TV does lead to bouts of buffering that I had hoped the FO would overcome. Current speed is:

• Download35.7Mb
  • Upload5.59Mb

Intersting you say that as although I have the fibre optic infinity streaming vids/TV does lead to bouts of buffering that I had hoped the FO would overcome. Current speed is:

• Download35.7Mb
  • Upload5.59Mb

Interestingly I have a home hub 5 and although I have various iOS and none iOS devices I have random dropouts and the router rebooting for no apparent reason. I get similar speeds to you.

However I'm sat here on wifi typing this and my home hub has a solid Orange light which means I've switched networks and my account isn't activated.....

Bl00dy ell they're slow, ibe only been on it two years :lol:

I agree the majority of my issues with wifi have been due to connectivity issues at the hub and like SMD I'm considering a third party router because of it.

Sounds like you need a new HH. It'd be worth speaking to BT and getting them to send you a new one first, before splashing out.

My HH has been flawless since I got it, and it's come a long way since the early ones. I personally wouldn't bother changing to anything else, unless you had some specific function you needed from a router.

Sounds like you need a new HH. It'd be worth speaking to BT and getting them to send you a new one first, before splashing out.

My HH has been flawless since I got it, and it's come a long way since the early ones. I personally wouldn't bother changing to anything else, unless you had some specific function you needed from a router.

yeah but it's not a new gadget :lol:

Some of the config for the HH is limiting for example the DDNS vendor list is very limited and if you are using a different vendor than this BT allow it's tough luck. range isn't brilliant either.

But yes HH is more than adequate for most requirements :)

Your WiFi may not be able to cope with the bitrate of whatever it is you're streaming, especially if it's high bitrate HD stuff. I know mine did, which is why I switched to cables for the media server and Xbone. Now, everything is fine.

On a side note - 8.1 is on it's way, if you run Emulators on your iPhone, don't upgrade as Apple will no longer allow this.

When 8.0 came out I upgraded to IOS 7 - purely for 1 app, instantly regret it, the battery life on my 4s is worse than a alcoholics first for a drink!

I have everything wired just wifi for iPhone & iPad at home via the Airport Express. Mainly got it for ease of set up/connection & the fact my BT hub was only 2.2. I now get 100mb on my iPad & 70mb on iPhone which is I think is the max they can handle anyway...

Airport Express is all set up via ios or osx very simple :)

Yep as Papa says it plugs in to your router and you run a wireless network off it which is far quicker and reliable than BT. They used ti be plugs but now look like an Apple TV. Again as Papa says if your iPhone/iPad/Mac is on the same network you can access iTunes and play your music wirelessly too :)