Destiny by Bungie

sipar69

This game is hard!!....starting to p*** me off a bit when it's taken half an hour to complete a level only to be killed and you gotta start all over again.....there should be a save half way through!

Have to admit it goes from one extreme to the other. You do a mission on your own and it takes hours like you say hiding and taking them out one at a time. Then someone joins you and you blast through it in 15 minutes...

Yup its designed to play in a team you know well, i can understand why they say raids are only available for friends. We tried the weekly level 22 heroic strike Friday. We were 22 and got annihilated by the first mob. Accept defeat and had to go level gear. Went back last night and dam me it was still hard. Still, took down the first mobs then in the second room got annihilated. Ok some serious tactics to change, try again....nope that didnt work....try again ooooo yes we goth through. What a great feeling of achievement. Next room annihilated.

The game is repetitive and at present fairly limited, gear drops are random and you have to grind rep (mmo rpg anyone) and the story is very weak. But when you play with friends you write your own story, you dont mind the repetition as you chat away and divert off story to explore and the sense of achievement is great when things click and you beat an impossible task....but then you move on to the next one.

Agree its not perfect but so far its a hell of a lot of fun, but if i was playing solo i think i would already be back on forza

We tried the weekly level 22 heroic strike Friday. We were 22 and got annihilated by the first mob.

That weekly strike is much harder than 22, I think the heroic and angry modifiers make a huge differemce, it's much harder than the regular lvl 24 strikes. Biggest advice I can say for that one is put a load of flame weapons on, the wiz's have red shields so are susceptible to flame (same as blue & purple shields/weapons). It makes it a lot easier.

I don't suppose there are any lvl 26+ people on here? I want to start doing the raids but most of my PSN friends are 20-22.

My character is level 24 at the moment (PS4) Waiting for the bloody Crucible reset lol.

That's on Tuesdays right? Vanguard is easier to get rep on to get your first legendary armour, I did that and then pieces of legendary started dropping like crazy! Just need a legendary helm now and an a piece of exotic armour. Weapons aren't so good, got 2 legendary hand cannons and an exotic fusion rifle - really want a better auto rifle.

OH, my PSN is, suprisingly, "HaydnH" if anyone wants to add me... always hard to fit in fire teams though with the stupid max of 3, could be useful for crucible (which I hate) and the raids though. Please state 350Z in the request though so I know it's not a random request.

OH, my PSN is, suprisingly, "HaydnH" if anyone wants to add me... always hard to fit in fire teams though with the stupid max of 3, could be useful for crucible (which I hate) and the raids though. Please state 350Z in the request though so I know it's not a random request.

Sent you a friend request but I think I am way below your required standard lol

• Like 1

Sent you a friend request but I think I am way below your required standard lol

Have they got double denim chest and leg armour?

• Like 1

Got all excited when an exotic weapon bounty dropped.

Yes I thought, all it need is to complete a strike on the moon. Done check, nice and easy, go to collect the gun.....

Ah before you get the gun go to the moon and kill 500 mobs......ummm ok. Done check, go to collect the gun......

Ah before you get the gun you need to enter the pvp crucible. For each kill (with a flipping void weapon) you get +5 points, for each death -2points. Btw you need 500 points. .... Ok that's impossible for me but even then....if I complete that I then need to farm a lvl 26 strike for a drop off one of the mobs.

I have more chance winning the lottery.

• Like 1

This game is hard!!....starting to p*** me off a bit when it's taken half an hour to complete a level only to be killed and you gotta start all over again.....there should be a save half way through!

Have to admit it goes from one extreme to the other. You do a mission on your own and it takes hours like you say hiding and taking them out one at a time. Then someone joins you and you blast through it in 15 minutes...

Yup its designed to play in a team you know well, i can understand why they say raids are only available for friends. We tried the weekly level 22 heroic strike Friday. We were 22 and got annihilated by the first mob. Accept defeat and had to go level gear. Went back last night and dam me it was still hard. Still, took down the first mobs then in the second room got annihilated. Ok some serious tactics to change, try again....nope that didnt work....try again ooooo yes we goth through. What a great feeling of achievement. Next room annihilated.

The game is repetitive and at present fairly limited, gear drops are random and you have to grind rep (mmo rpg anyone) and the story is very weak. But when you play with friends you write your own story, you dont mind the repetition as you chat away and divert off story to explore and the sense of achievement is great when things click and you beat an impossible task....but then you move on to the next one.

Agree its not perfect but so far its a hell of a lot of fun, but if i was playing solo i think i would already be back on forza

Yep, agree with you on this, I'm going solo doing the story, level 13, I' m not subscribed to Xbox live y'see. Don't even know how much it is?

The latest patch has reduced the difficulty on a few missions:

• Missions
    – Shrine of Oryx: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
    – Sword of Crota: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers
    – Exclusion Zone: Reduced difficulty by removing majors from Heroic tiers

Any of those the one you mention above, Will?

May be adding some of you on ps4 if you don't object, didn't realise so many of you were playing. Just reached level 25 tonight. Username is hy6e - hype was already taken!

I got to 23, I have impressed myself

I have a very well worked out style which varies between wading in guns and fists blazing followed by cowering behind a rock when it all goes wrong :lol:

• Like 3

May be adding some of you on ps4 if you don't object, didn't realise so many of you were playing. Just reached level 25 tonight. Username is hy6e - hype was already taken!

I have a very well worked out style which varies between wading in guns and fists blazing followed by cowering behind a rock when it all goes wrong :lol:

Very similar to my approach! Auto rifles all the way for me - and lots of ammo...

Very similar to my approach! Auto rifles all the way for me - and lots of ammo...

I have a pulse rifle but fully automatic, not really one for swapping weapons for different missions although I know I should!