Motorbike helmet electronics?

longsh07

Bit of an odd question but was out getting petrol when a bunch of bikers turned up. One had something on his helmet which looked like a drift camera.

Long story short, bikers had an incident up the road and I ended the night chatting to a copper who said it wasn't a camera but just looks like one? Didn't say what it did mind. It was on the jawline of his helmet and the copper said it was called an esc....something, maybe a scada or something, I have no idea! Anyway I was just hoping someone could maybe piece together the name from my awful description! I know it wasn't a Bluetooth set as he had one of those on the other side.

Edited by longsh07

It might help if we knew why you wanted to know.

Is there some particular functionality you want to replicate?

I wanted to know what it was called if anyone as any idea so I can find out about it incase anything comes up about the accident in future.

Unfortunately I don't know what it does. The copper gave it a name that I can't remember. It looks like other Drift cameras but apparently it's not....

Edited by longsh07

Don't worry too much about it guys, I appreciate any help you can give me. I'm only asking incase anything comes of the accident.

I didn't actually witness it myself. Both myself and the missus where out getting petrol In separate cars and it happened right in front of her. The bikers pulled into the petrol station just after us and I spotted it while one of them was in the queue to pay.

Edited by longsh07

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look but the ones I've seen are on the inside of the helmet. This was attached fairly far back on the outside. Could it still be that?

Bike to bike communication?

This fits on the outside of the helmet and is a communication device longsh07. This what it could have been?

X001-Y001_D2.jpg

I don't think so GM, had something similar to the post directly above yours that looked like an intercom/Bluetooth kit. I'm sure it was the same shape as the drift had camera but it could have been slightly thinner. Sure it had a small screen on the side too... Could it be anything else? Starting to have my doubts.

Thanks for the help all

I don't think so GM, had something similar to the post directly above yours that looked like an intercom/Bluetooth kit. I'm sure it was the same shape as the drift had camera but it could have been slightly thinner. Sure it had a small screen on the side too... Could it be anything else? Starting to have my doubts.

Thanks for the help all

:lol: I'm starting to think......

cb2f994b1fc25f0beb20a0ec3884367e801aa5e9f48da6a3f15d91a3ef468b97.jpg