NEW 2015 Mazda MX5

neo

its definitely moving the right direct in terms of weight, lighter is always better. Although even with 165bhp its going to feel a bit on the slow side... A few choice mods should help, supercharger and coilovers for starters!

Though remember the mx5 isn't about being a powerhouse, it still only weighs around 1 tonne, and is very easy to drive on the limit or close to the limit without things going south very quickly. It's designed to be a hoot to drive at slower speeds.

I do agree the chassis can cope with more power, heck my mx5 had over 230bhp :D (mk2).

come on people, you know they're shite.

They were good in the 80's, Rio was a great album :band:

you know I meant the MX-5 :p . But joking aside Duran Duran really were a bit naff though. Their haircuts just weren't crazy enough. Now, Flock of seagulls, they were a proper 80's flash in the pan band. I think the MX-5 would look better based on this haircut. untitled-5.png

Edited by Rock_Steady

its definitely moving the right direct in terms of weight, lighter is always better. Although even with 165bhp its going to feel a bit on the slow side... A few choice mods should help, supercharger and coilovers for starters!

Though remember the mx5 isn't about being a powerhouse, it still only weighs around 1 tonne, and is very easy to drive on the limit or close to the limit without things going south very quickly. It's designed to be a hoot to drive at slower speeds.

I do agree the chassis can cope with more power, heck my mx5 had over 230bhp :D (mk2).

Exactly the best thing about an MX-5 is the handling not the speed, but if speed is your thing then s/c it :)

But then who would s/c a lovely n/a engine in a perfectly weighted car :stir:

I love the design of it and it looks classier now for sure. I can see peoples split opinions on the rear, personally I think it looks OK but would look better with a rear diffuser or something. Looks kind of retro from behind though which I like.

Maybe a "more sensible" replacement for the Zed further down the line.

Exactly the best thing about an MX-5 is the handling not the speed, but if speed is your thing then s/c it :)

But then who would s/c a lovely n/a engine in a perfectly weighted car :stir:

Mine was turbo charged - mk2 1.8is. Was rather fun ;)

xH0uOgwl.jpg