what would u fit?? fallen fk453 or Goodyear f1?

big si 1976

Stevo the MPSS hater :lol: BBK was comparing them to the ones he was thinking about buying so was a fair point.

Plus I got 245 45 18 MPSS for £160 delivered, being that he has rays then thats the size he would need. the deals are out there if you look hard enough :thumbs:

Stevo the MPSS hater :lol: BBK was comparing them to the ones he was thinking about buying so was a fair point.

Plus I got 245 45 18 MPSS for £160 delivered, being that he has rays then thats the size he would need. the deals are out there if you look hard enough :thumbs:

£160 each?

i can get 2x falkens or khumo for that price

Right again so if i say Renault Peugeot, Citroen im thinking of getting one can you give me some info on them, then someone pops and goes i got a BMW so much better than Citroen, am i any wiser about the product im inquiring about , No.

WHOOPDEY ****ing DOOO i didnt ask about the BMW, maybe its an elitist thing just to show off, o you only have mid range tyres look a my premiums WORSHIP ME FOR I AM GOD COMPARED WITH YOU ,YOU PEASANT !!!!! :lol: Any chance to drop the Superiority badge B)

• Like 1

I paid £110 or something for my Khumo KU39s, who did you rob for that price?

http://www.tyreleade...-r18-100y-60634

Thats a good price, I liked the KU39 and would probably get another set if I couldn't source MPSS for the price I got them for. The F1 wont be too far of the MPSS prices so not quite sell your 350z for a GT-r :lol:

I do agree about the bum love for the MPSS tyres though.

Never had MPSS never felt the need to. Not denying their quality, but when you look at the proper tyre tests and comparisons, the MPSS aren't double the quality of some competitors, so why pay double the price. My falken are coming close to 30k and drive and handle far better than the Pirelli pzero rossos that were the factory fit Tyres. And twice the price.

I use http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ not the customer reviews as they are so varied between, car, driver and driving style. But down the side are the proper tyre tests where they compare on a more scientific level.

There are plenty of good Tyres out there that won't ditch you in a hedge and are more than capable of coping with a zed.

I'm with Steve on this, mpss aren't the last word in Tyres.

• Like 2

I wonder whether we will ever get bored with this debate - it would seem not :lol:

To compound matters, I bought my XK8 with non-matching tyres on - I await my buttocks being thrashed :surrender: At least I persuaded them to match them across the axles - phew B)

stevoD has got the point exactly right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do know a bit about tyres, but not on the z!

that's why I asked about the three tyres in post yes cost is a BIG factor when chosen but like some say u get what u pay for!

I know the people who run mpss rave about them and there the best thing since sliced bread,BUT I was not asking about them!

thanks to all who actually read my post in full and gave there views on the tyres I asked about!!

like I said kumhos r winning at the mo cause of the cost and I have had them on past cars and was happy with them after all

that's what is important if U are happy.

are the f1s that much better than the k39s, I don't know? I am not too sure now about the falkens, so f1 and le sport ku39 views only!

I am sorry to open another tyre tread (CAN OF WORMS!)

Edited by big si 1976

So hang on Rich, you don't rate the MPSS but you've never tried them?

Sorry mate, but you're wrong. They've significantly moved the game on in what people should expect from a tyre on a sports car. On a wafting barge like your Jag I'm sure you'd not notice any difference apart from getting twice the mileage for 1/3 more money, but for those of us with cars that handle they are a cut above when it comes to handling characteristics.

OP, the F1s are much better than the Kumhos.

• Like 1

I recently put a pair of F1s on the arse end of my zed and they are excellent, really grippy and quieter that the previous rubber I had on there.

I've had Falkens previously, though not the 453 and not on the zed but, they were pretty good for a significantly cheaper tyre.

Sorry mate, but you're wrong. They've significantly moved the game on in what people should expect from a tyre on a sports car. On a wafting barge like your Jag I'm sure you'd not notice any difference apart from getting twice the mileage for 1/3 more money, but for those of us with cars that handle they are a cut above when it comes to handling characteristics.

as I said in my first post they are the leading tyre at the moment. Would I pay for them on any of my previous sports cars not just my jag. No

I'm sure they make the most of the car and its ability, but as 90% of people don't even drive there cars on here to even 70% of the cars ability. And that probably 80% of this forum no longer has the kind of money that people used to have on here. Its like preaching about touring cars when most on here can only dream of banger racers.

And yes I tried my mates M3 with them on

as I said in my first post they are the leading tyre at the moment. Would I pay for them on any of my previous sports cars not just my jag. No

I'm sure they make the most of the car and its ability, but as 90% of people don't even drive there cars on here to even 70% of the cars ability. And that probably 80% of this forum no longer has the kind of money that people used to have on here. Its like preaching about touring cars when most on here can only dream of banger racers.

And yes I tried my mates M3 with them on

i fully agree with you mate, but that point isnt valid here, ive made it before and all i got was it could be what stops you from crashing tho

Any normal driver, drives to the condition of the road; be it weather, visibility... or grip, or car performance.

No one drives a car for the first time at full throttle round a bend and then crashes and wonders why it didn't go round. Over time and experiences driver should have a good idea of the ability of themselves, the car and the tyre.

I could drive a car on track with mixed Tyres on all axles, I'd never set the fastest of laps but I'm fairly confident I wouldn't spontaneously burst in to flames or drive straight into a ditch.

Edited by rtbiscuit

again i said this and got the same comment of yea but it could be what stops you having a crash, didnt seem to sink in that if the difference of tyre is what is going to save you from an accident your possibly driving incorrect for the conditions in the first place

Edited by StevoD

Massively missing the point.

Even if you never, ever go anywhere near the level of grip offered by car, tyre or driver, you get more miles out of them per pound spent. The fact they handle superbly is a bonus in that regard.

Massively missing the point.

Even if you never, ever go anywhere near the level of grip offered by car, tyre or driver, you get more miles out of them per pound spent. The fact they handle superbly is a bonus in that regard.

so your saying these tyres outlast any tyre on sale in the EU?