Hello, I'm a RX8 owner looking to possibly buy a 350z. EDIT: Just brought one!

Hi all,

I've owned a RX8 for almost 6 years but have always wanted a 350z.

Some of the cars that have caught my eye have upto 120k on the clock. Providing it's been maintained ok, are the engines still good at this mileage? Is there anything specific I should be checking for when buying such a car?

Thanks

Edited by leet8845

Thanks. So I don't need a compression test like a rotary? I getting a test drive. It will only do about 10k tops in it's life with me over the next couple years as it's a 2nd car.

Edited by leet8845

Thanks. So I don't need a compression test like a rotary? I getting a test drive. It will only do about 10k tops in it's life with me over the next couple years as it's a 2nd car.

I would compression test it if you were planning on doing it anyways. Wont do you any harm :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. the engines were designed to cover 200,000 miles with regular maintenance and just think of all of the cash you'll be saving on oil. If you're looking to do a compression test then the standard psi per cylinder is 185 and 142psi is considered low. All cylinders should be within 10% of each other. You'll also love the torque. Happy hunting. :)

I read on an American site last night of a Zed that has covered 250k miles

Edited by samsniss350z

That's great news. I knew these engines were bullet proof. I've drove a few and the power is instant. I love it!

I can't speak for others but the 2 RX8s I've owned never used much oil over the 4k a year I drive, I'll be saving half a bottle of oil per year at the most. I think I will save more in fuel perhaps. The RX8 averages about 18 mpg, worse if you thrash all the time.

I've brought one already! Didn't expect to but after the few I've seen and heard, this one was by far the best. The condition is fantastic, everything still looks new where as some of them I have saw the interiors have wore down. It's done 82k and has full nissan service history. It has black leather, built in sat nav, cruise control and rear parking sensors.The engine sounded so quiet at tick over, just purring like a kitten! then it roars to life when as soon as you touch the pedal. I'm so pleased. Going to pick it tomorrow. I won't sleep :lol:

$_80.JPG

$_80.JPG

$_80.JPG

$_80.JPG

Thanks alot! After the first 2 I saw turned out to be pretty tatty, I didn't expect to putting a deposit down and pick it one in the morning. However the 3rd was immaculate. I didn't do a compression test, however I could tell the engine was alot healthier or least quieter at tick over, they louder ones did have more miles but still, the sound of engine with the bonnet popped was a thing a of beauty!

Another picture, it's not long had a full new exhaust too :D

$_80.JPG

• Like 1