Grundy & Stevo Weight Loss Challenge

StevoD

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will loose the most

Good luck chaps , stick at it and it will be worth it :thumbs:

Just to pi$$ you off I am 6'3" and weighed 90kg (14stone) when I was 21 and I weight the same now at 45 :teeth: I don't think my weight has fluctuated up much but I have been as low as 82kg

Weirdly I am the same, although I think mine is down to not eating.... Sometime I get to 5-6pm and suddenly remember I have not eaten all day, don't feel hungry at all :shrug:

• Like 1

I'm sorry I failed day one

Don't get yourself down if you didn't manage it on Day 1. Just make sure it doesn't roll onto the following days. Don't set yourself too big a goal either otherwise you will find yourself feeling even worse if you don't hit it. Take small baby steps.

Whatever you do Stevo, NEVER BACK DOWN!! ;)

So tell us what went wrong and we can help :)

Spirits not so bad - I'm on a messy one tonight for my birthday too lol.

Right so today your body will be dehydrated - have a 2ltr bottle of water with you at all times today and aim to get through 3 of these bottles by end of play today.

You will prob need some carbs to soak up the alcohol so have some sweet potato and maybe some wholemeal bread. Aim to get some greens in you as well. Have beans (baked/kidney/mexican style).

You may crave the greasy, fried stuff but don't give in to temptation. If you're wanting something "fast food" today would be a good day for a subway :)

If you like spicy food and have a Caribbean place near you then get yourself some jerk/stew chicken with rice and peas!

• Like 1

Right so today your body will be dehydrated - have a 2ltr bottle of water with you at all times today and aim to get through 3 of these bottles by end of play today.

You will prob need some carbs to soak up the alcohol so have some sweet potato and maybe some wholemeal bread. Aim to get some greens in you as well. Have beans (baked/kidney/mexican style).

You may crave the greasy, fried stuff but don't give in to temptation. If you're wanting something "fast food" today would be a good day for a subway :)

If you like spicy food and have a Caribbean place near you then get yourself some jerk/stew chicken with rice and peas!

Are Heinz Baked beans 'legal'? :) Please say yes :lol:

If you want an idea for diet, you could try what I do:

Breakfast: Wholewheat cereal (I use Shreddies cos I don't like anything else)

Lunch: Same as breakfast

Dinner: Piece of meat (chicken breast in the George, or salmon in the steamer) with as much veg or salad as you can handle. Bit of dressing is fine, just grab a low-fat one.

Do that during the week, usually quite easy because of work taking up the rest of the time. At the weekend, eat and drink what you like. That's when I'll grab a takeaway on Sat night, and a bottle of wine. Maybe a bag of crisps to eat during the F1.

No-one ever got fat eating veg or salad, so just eat as much as you can, fill yourself up. I'm sure that nutritionally my diet could be better, but it works for me as that's pretty god damn healthy during the week, but it means I can still satisfy my cravings at the weekend so I never feel like I'm missing out. Add in an hour of cardio 3-5 times a week and I promise you the weight will drop off.

Plus, ALL THE NOMS AT WEEKEND :D

• Like 2

Are Heinz Baked beans 'legal'? :) Please say yes :lol:

Fraid not to much SUGARZ

See I'd be ok with a tin of baked beans :)

So beans are ok ?

Think I'm going to try all the diffrents 'menus' over the week see which one I get on with best

Good for bulking

Bad for weight loss.

The sauce is just liquid sugar. 11% of someone who's not looking to lose weights RDA in one can.

Enlarge mate......and obviously this is a rough rule of thumb..........if it tastes in anyway sweet don't eat it.

If it walked, flew or swam then eat all of the bits that propelled it and none of the wobbly bits

If it's white and grew in the ground or is derived from something that grew in the ground it's probably not your friend

If it's green and grew anywhere nom it .......nom it good.

If it's alcoholic just make sure you drink enough to make you chuck up your food.

If it's in a can and isn't tuna it's probably not part of your diet.

• Like 1

Well my diet today consisted of

- Golden Grahams (I'm never hungry for breakfast, but this time I was and figured I'd have cereal)

- Lunch, I had a bacon sandwhich - No butter Half Brown Half white bread.

- Banana

- And now a Steak and salad dinner, which I'm loving!

No snacks today which is a 1st :)

See, that's pretty good. If you guys have iOS, grab My Net Diary and input what you eat into that. It'll tell you exactly what's in them, keep track of all your calories and let you know where you should be heading. Great little app, really helps to see why that odd Jaffa cake is a bad idea when you could just have an entire bag of the Sun Bites instead :)

• Like 1

That's not good mate, eating too little will cause your body to hoard whatever it is you do give it.

Go have another sandwich, maybe with some thin ham, lettuce and tomato in. Or whatever you've got that isn't bacon.