Grundy & Stevo Weight Loss Challenge

StevoD

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will loose the most

I'm so hungry :(

stick with it Stevo... it will get easier honestly! its your body craving the easy fuel you used to give it. force it to start using teh fat stores instead and once its used to it the hunger will go and the fat will just drop off you mate.

drink plenty of water and snack little and often on good things... i guess i only go about 3 hours tops between eating something! zero fat yogurt, protein shake or bar, cashew nuts, carrot or celery sticks, an apple, small bowl of cereal, packet of chicken or a chicken breast with some peri peri sauce, your pop corn stuff that you like... honestly mate keep snacking and drinking loads of water with a good lunch and nice low fat low carb high protein dinner and you are onto a winner!

the key for me is excersise! i only get so far with a diet and then i have to start upping the excersise.. i have started cycling to work on nice days like today, its not that far (11 miles each way) but its enough!!! i am still going to the gym to do my weights and still going swimming for half an hour or so a week. just walking is ok but its not going to really shed those pounds.

what i did was diet for a month and then start excersise... i worked on the basis that if i lost a few pounds first the excersise would be easier so i wouldnt fail and it worked!!!

stick with it and by xmas you will be like a different person!

:thumbs:

• Like 1

don't forget, when you weigh yourselves, your dump will weigh something. Always evacuate your bowls and only weigh yourselves every 2 weeks for an accurate reading!! the body can fluctuate 3 pounds on any given day. Stay away from mayonnaise!! if you fancy a snack buy some roasted salted almonds, even though nuts have a lot of fat it's good fat and your body will take next to nothing in the fats from nuts. It's a cal/fat free snack :teeth:

Any recomendations for lunch that I can pick up from Sainsbury's today?

At a different site today, so don't have any fruit to snack on etc. What can I pick up and just eat for lunch?>

Sainsburys sell everything you need to be healthy, chicken, fruit etc...

At a different site today, so don't have any fruit to snack on etc. What can I pick up and just eat for lunch?>

Something I can pick up and just eat ready for lunch..

Probably none of their sandwich's/wraps as they all have mayo.

Most supermarket pastas are no better either. If you have salad make sure you don't laden it with dressing.

Maybe some skinless cooked chicken and a couple of pieces of fruit?

Edit: oh and maybe walk there as opposed to driving.

Edited by Fodder

Yep, they do fruit pots and I think they sell stuff like grilled chicken salads in the pre-prepared section.

Probably none of their sandwich's/wraps as they all have mayo.

Most supermarket pastas are no better either. If you have salad make sure you don't laden it with dressing.

Maybe some skinless cooked chicken and a couple of pieces of fruit?

Edit: oh and maybe walk there as opposed to driving.

Always walk for my lunches, and my car is always parked about half a mile away, so got that as a walk too.

Chicken and Fruit it is.

Smoothies can be good.

I posted earlier in the thread about planning ahead. I used to think what I would like and shop in advance, make it the night before or even a couple of days ahead if you make something like couscous and switch the meat you have with it -mmmmm couscous and salmon.

i weighed in at the gym last night... end of feb i was 21st.... last night i was 17st 2lb.... this time next week i WILL be into the 16s...

you guys have inspired me to really go for it.... so as above i mentioned i WILL be in the 16s.... absolutely smashed it in the gym last night doing a 2 3/4 hour session including a personal best for 30 mins on the cross trainer and am now 16st 11lbs

how are you two doing? still finding it hard or is it getting easier yet?

• Like 1

i weighed in at the gym last night... end of feb i was 21st.... last night i was 17st 2lb.... this time next week i WILL be into the 16s...

you guys have inspired me to really go for it.... so as above i mentioned i WILL be in the 16s.... absolutely smashed it in the gym last night doing a 2 3/4 hour session including a personal best for 30 mins on the cross trainer and am now 16st 11lbs

how are you two doing? still finding it hard or is it getting easier yet?

Well done bud :thumbs:

Yesterday for lunch (All the cooked meat had skin etc) So I stuck with a 1ltr bottle of smoothie (banana and strawberry) Had a fair bit of sugar in, but figured was better than a meal deal.

Then had steak and salad :)

Eatings going well for me I think.

You can remove the skin from the chicken...,.

I know it's the tastiest bit though.

You have both inspired me to look at my own eating habits, portion size and bread are my biggest issues.

Did some lovely lemon marinated chicken with peppers, onion and mushroom kebabs on the BBQ the other night, yummy and so simple with some salad. Also started eating muesli for brekky again which is soooo filling but not as tasty as a sausage bap.

Keep going gents!

I've been marinating my chicken in the Nando's lemon and lime source you can get from Tesco's it's amazing.

I'm quite enjoying my salad (Not to the extent I'd just have a plate of salad) But mine consists of (some sort of leafs) Cucumber, Tomato's, Peppers, (I tried celery a few times, but just don't like it) I make sure there is quite a lot of it, mainly leafs.

I then squirt a lemon over the top of the salad, flip it over squirt some more. Then get one tea spoon on balsamic vinegar on top.

Although I have to have salad cream on top of my salad to make sure I eat it all.

• Like 2