Car data app/hardware

Vlad

Sorry, pretty sure this was already covered, but can't find anything :(

Basically I want to measure my 0-60 times and so on...I know you can get different apps etc...

My question is - what's the best one and comparable with iPhone 5? As some of them only work with android and so on.

I think best option is one that has something that plugs into OBD port and then connects to your iPhone - I guess it will be more accurate than just an app that relies on GPS signal?

Any info/suggestions/links will be much appreciated :):thumbs:

iOBD2 does 0-60 or any speed variations you like. I'm pretty sure they do 1/4 mile too. But after the latest update the data is getting messed up somewhere and I'm idling at about 12000 RPM :lol:

If you want to do it accurately, you'll need some expensive gear.

First off, the tech inside a smartphone isn't sensitive enough, so you'll need a higher res GPS device to connect it with. You can then connect that to some software and away you go. Harry's Lap Timer is superb on iOS for this, and very well supported.

On the other hand, you could just video your speedo and run it in slo-mo on your PC to get a pretty good idea of your time. Depends on what you want.

First thing is get an android phone, a friend of mine bought the wifi obd2 adapter for his iphone, then spent nearly 180 on an app for his phone (dont ask why) it was about 2 years ago when it was all new etc.. i bought a £4 Bluetooth adapter for obd2 and a £1.90 torque app and job done lol.

Not fan boys, we just like phones that will last the length of the contract without crashing every 5 minutes :lol:

My Apple phone crashes all the time :lol:

Then again that could be down to the thousands of tweaks I've done with jailbraking it :lol:

• Like 1

First question I would ask is the car JDM ?as pretty much all the apps less one won't work on mine as the coding on the ob2 reader cannot get past the Japanese prtotcols. If anyone had torque or dashboard commander working on a JDM would live to know how

• 3 weeks later...

There was one guy who build a mini computer to sit in his cubby for all the OBD stuff,cant remember who it was though

I have it now. It sits under the seat or in the rear cubby and connects to a screen. I actually never got round to fitting it. Its laying up in my room in a box.