gear knob change

nissanjuke

Styling really is up to you as everyone has different tastes.

Plenty of places to get a gear knob from; Demon Tweeks, eBay or some of the traders on here like Redline Styling for example; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/57178-genuine-nismo-polished-shift-knob-in-stock/

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/57177-genuine-nismo-carbon-fiber-shift-knob-in-stock/

:thumbs:

Shape and weight of gearknob is very important too. I prefer to cup the knob rather than grasp it, so prefer dumpy round ones to tall shaft ones. The knob is also one of the few places on the car where more weight is preferable, to give a more positive action when shifting.

Yeah yeah, I know everyone just picks the pretty ones, but it's worth considering the size and shape too else you could ruin that connectivity between man and car.

Also, I must get some kind of award for amount of double entendres in a single post for that first paragraph.

Gear knob is an interesting mod really, but I would suggest that it would sit better with a short shifter. Had one on my RX, but there was no need for a new knob (ooh err mrs), as the shape and weight of the RX one was perfect, it also had an illuminated shift pattern, a nice touch and it would be nice to have similar in the Z.

Shape and weight of gearknob is very important too. I prefer to cup the knob rather than grasp it, so prefer dumpy round ones to tall shaft ones. The knob is also one of the few places on the car where more weight is preferable, to give a more positive action when shifting.

Yeah yeah, I know everyone just picks the pretty ones, but it's worth considering the size and shape too else you could ruin that connectivity between man and car.

Also, I must get some kind of award for amount of double entendres in a single post for that first paragraph.

Was that serious Ekona or you at the wind up :lol: you prefer to cup the knob rather than grasp it :lol:

I like the the Nismo titanium GT/ s-tune shift knob.

They've been used in the race series cars and are supposed to improve the gear change due to the increased weight and shorter height.

Not a bad price for titanium either.