Moving on from a 350z? 370z or?Test Drive

parello9

Ok i really want to get a 370z soon but is it really a massive difference compared to a 350z?

I know there is alot of cars to look at for 370 money but i dont want to regret selling the 350z

I know i need to drive a 370z first but i don't know anyone round this way with one lol!

Edited by parello9

I love mine and actually didn't want one. I went from a DE and tried everything in the 15-18k bracket.

In the end the 70 was the best all round package for me. It's a hell of a lot nicer inside and first/second is more savage but it's not hugely different.

It was the right decision for me, I had the old 276 350, and it was a nice step up in quality and power delivery.

However it is an evolution of the 350 not a massive step up or a different car. I know a number of people who I have let drive the car who have later 350s and many of them said if they didn't look down into the cockpit they would have thought it was a 350, which I can understand.

Only thing to do is take a test drive and ignore the sound of the stock exhaust.

The 370 is going to depreciate, (unless it's a roadster ;) ) it's a big gas guzzler and people don't want that nowadays.

You can get good cars for reasonable money now, but you have to factor in the loss in value if you are worried about total costs. IMHO it's not the initial cost of the car that's the main factor it's the upkeep, maintenance and running, but I guess you know that from the 350.

I'm a good good while away from this issue, but I do find myself wondering...where do I go after?....I don't want to go backwards :surrender: lol One of the main memories from 370Zs I've been in is...just starting it and thinking "wheres the growl?...the noise?".. :shrug:

A bit off topic I know, but did anyone else pick up the fact that Richy has a 19 year old petrol head daughter? :teeth:

Back on topic: Parello9 you have a very sorted '50 - enjoy it!

also to note i don't want them depreciating to like 6k like 350z's

A 370z will depreciate way more than your 350 just because its newer, how much cheaper will the 350 get, if you bought one at £6k i think it will take a while to get to £3k for example, you would probably do that in 2 years on a 370z. As said above, not many people want a gas guzzler and sales of the 370 were never that good (compared to the 350), maybe a good thing as they will be harder to come by, maybe a bad thing as they werent popular (relatively speaking) and if you get into modding it, as i am sure you will, you will probably buying new parts as the 2nd hand market isnt there like for the 350.

I like them and have an urge, but the extra necessary to buy one just doesnt work for me at the moment.

It needs some mods to make it 'special' but then so does the 50. It definitely makes the 50 look older when side by side.

But is it worth 2x more....I am still not sure on that one myself.