Z33 + V10 = ?

Ekona

So in theory chaps, do we think that the BMW S85 V10 engine and the E90 M3 manual 'box would fit into a 350Z? Let's not assume for one second that this would be an easy fit, but do we think it's at least plausible?

Sadly I cannot find the length of the S85 anywhere, even the official BMW literature isn't very helpful. I suspect that would be the limiting factor, more than anything.

well i know a viper srt10 lump has been put in a s15 so i guess it would in a z33

Blimey, that must've been some fit!

Width I don't foresee being an issue, as the Zed already runs a vee, but IIRC there's not much room between the front of the V6 and the end of the car. Bizz did well with his to get the V8 in, but an extra two cylinders?

With the S15 did they have to cut away the bulkhead? That's the only way I can see it fitting personally

if you can get a rb26 or a 2jz in a Zed/s15 thats 6 cylinders long why cant you get a v10 thats only 5 cylinders long

• Like 1

With the S15 did they have to cut away the bulkhead? That's the only way I can see it fitting personally

for BDC regs the bulkhead can't be moved IIRC, so I'd presume not :)

Edit: spellings

Edited by AliveBoy

if you can get a rb26 or a 2jz in a Zed/s15 thats 6 cylinders long why cant you get a v10 thats only 5 cylinders long

Very true, good shout

well i know a viper srt10 lump has been put in a s15 so i guess it would in a z33

Blimey, that must've been some fit!

Width I don't foresee being an issue, as the Zed already runs a vee, but IIRC there's not much room between the front of the V6 and the end of the car. Bizz did well with his to get the V8 in, but an extra two cylinders?

problem solved ;)

Untitled-2-1.jpg

• Like 9

You bored Dan? :lol:

:lol:

Genuinely serious query, honest! I love the Zed but am concerned about a relative lack of power, and I love the V10 in the M6 but can't stretch to one, so wondered if I could get the best of both worlds. I've started doing a fair bit of research on this and I reckon it won't be that difficult to achieve, but it's a costly way of testing the theory.

I don't want to put silly wheels on either, and I suspect the Zed will struggle to get that kind of power down on the Rays unless I go 888.