Z33 + V10 = ?

Ekona

You bored Dan? :lol:

:lol:

Genuinely serious query, honest! I love the Zed but am concerned about a relative lack of power, and I love the V10 in the M6 but can't stretch to one, so wondered if I could get the best of both worlds. I've started doing a fair bit of research on this and I reckon it won't be that difficult to achieve, but it's a costly way of testing the theory.

I don't want to put silly wheels on either, and I suspect the Zed will struggle to get that kind of power down on the Rays unless I go 888.

I'll do you a deal.

I'll help you DIY a V10 into a Z33 if you help me shoehorn a V8 into a 300zx...

You bored Dan? :lol:

I suspect the Zed will struggle to get that kind of power down on the Rays unless I go 888.

I think that clark motorsport are selling diffs for higher power boosted zeds if that could be an avenue to look down.

• Like 1

I'll do you a deal.

I'll help you DIY a V10 into a Z33 if you help me shoehorn a V8 into a 300zx...

No chance, I've seen how tight the engine bay on a 300 is with the normal V6TT in it! :lol: I can only imagine the fun and games that must be involved in that swap.

And the knuckles lost in the process.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If I can get the extension to my garage done, then I could still consider this a goer. However, it would mean getting rid of the MR2 to make space, and I'm not really sure if I'm ready to do that just yet.

Really, I need to find a Zed and take some measurements before I do anything else.

Dan, for a Z33 with M6 V10 and E90 GB I wouldabolish any sentimental attachments with the MR2 if I were you 😉

Hell, in fact it would be the first to get the chop to release funds.

This would be such an amazing car. More amazing than any of the unrefined but proven swaps like Rb26, 2 jz or LSx.

Please do it😎ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Like 1

If you go down this route, I have been warned (by people I truly respect), that I should have about another £10k sitting there to fix all of the problems that come with this engine.

Albeit, I'm after the M5 but obviously the thought crossed my mind as well for doing this conversion, I was going to use http://www.topcatsracing.com as they did my friends V8 Sagaris.

I can get a list of potential issues if you are serious about it though, it's put me off slightly but I need a v10 in my life.

• Like 1

There aren't too many issues with the engine that bother me (a lot of the bits you'd do before putting it in, like the VANOS bits etc), it was mainly the SMG 'box in the original applications that had the most issues, hence me wanting to move to a manual one.

That said, I would definitely go in eyes open and have a nice slush fund for the stuff that could go wrong! :)

Yep, eyes wide open is the key here, and if it's a 2nd or 3rd car then hell, it would be a brilliant project to do (I'm just gutted it's not me doing it already!).

I'll ask the guys for a list anyway, doesn't hurt.

There should be plenty of manual boxes for it, I'm not sure why we only got the SMG option over here but it must have been something to do with the packaging for RHD on the M5/6.

The other v10 that could be good is the turbo one from the 'C6' RS6 :teeth: