Why is insurance so much cheaper when you chose it to start at a later date?!!

MCook

I am 19 tomorrow and determined to get my zed insured TOMORROW. I have been playing about with quotes, if I set the 'what date in the next 30 days would you like your policy to start?' option to be the 17th (my birthday) the price is 1800.. If I set the start date to be 30 days time it is 1400............

What is life..

It could be pure economics, if someone wants something urgently they are likely to pay more for it?

Or it could be a demographic thing, the kind of person who doesn't plan in advance could be seen as a risk taker?

(that wasn't meant to be taken personally though) B)

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 2

Because if its tomorrow you need it and if its in 30 days time your only going to buy if the price is right....

Go through confused and put 30 days in the future, if the admiral group comes in at the top choose that quote. When you go through to actually purchase the cover you can change the date/time at the end and it does not regenerate the quote.

Saves me £50-100 a year.

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 2

Always put the start date to 30 days. I've never seen a site which doesn't let you change the date when purchasing! :thumbs:

I like the sound of that! I will give it a go tomorrow, and update everyone in the evening!

Because if its tomorrow you need it and if its in 30 days time your only going to buy if the price is right....

Go through confused and put 30 days in the future, if the admiral group comes in at the top choose that quote. When you go through to actually purchase the cover you can change the date/time at the end and it does not regenerate the quote.

Saves me £50-100 a year.

It worked!!!

Got my cheapest price yet! Paid £1400 fully comp at 19, on my birthday. Could not be happier, stayed out till 11pm driving for 3 hours, then the storms started. An absolute joy to drive.

Had my GoPro set up recording it all, managed to scare some chavs that pulled out on me at a round-a-bout, (full revs in neutral... :teeth: ) and also saw 2 other zeds, a gunmetal and a clean black 350, both of which ignored me!

• Like 2

Saves me £50-100 a year.

It worked!!!

Got my cheapest price yet! Paid £1400 fully comp at 19, on my birthday. Could not be happier, stayed out till 11pm driving for 3 hours, then the storms started. An absolute joy to drive.

Had my GoPro set up recording it all, managed to scare some chavs that pulled out on me at a round-a-bout, (full revs in neutral... :teeth: ) and also saw 2 other zeds, a gunmetal and a clean black 350, both of which ignored me!

Thats a good price for your age. May I ask what your excess is?

Saves me £50-100 a year.

It worked!!!

£500 :headhurt:

Saves me £50-100 a year.

It worked!!!

£500 :headhurt:

Good :thumbs: Could have been a lot worse.

Saves me £50-100 a year.

It worked!!!

Happy to help ;)

• Like 1

Saves me £50-100 a year.

It worked!!!

Where were these 2 zeds lol?

May I ask which insurance company you went with for that quote?

I'm 21, been driving for 3 years and looking to get my first Zed, not sure which insurance company will give me the best deal

comparethemarket.com go on there get a few quotes

May I ask which insurance company you went with for that quote?

I'm 21, been driving for 3 years and looking to get my first Zed, not sure which insurance company will give me the best deal

comparethemarket.com go on there get a few quotes

I'm not getting anything near £2000 (more like 4k+) and I live in a rural area with locked garages, I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong..

how many points?

how many years with a full license?

any history with a RWD car before?

any accidents linked with you your fault or not?

sometime garage actually increases over a drive dunno why but it has done in the past?