HEL braided brake line install problem on HR! please help if possible.

RDON

calling all the experts on here! took my zed into Atkin motor engineers in Malton today as they have a good rep from the forum guys etc. well I have the HR and while it was in I asked them to change to HEL braided lines for me they came across a problem which they would not except as safe standard which im very glad about, with the front lines!

using the fixings that come with the HEL, and no matter how many attempts it would not fix without the wheel coming in and rubbing the line! so has anyone else with a HR got the HEL braided lines on solved this and if so how? or what other decent braided options are out there for the HR and preferable a blue option lol as the rears went on ok with no problems so just need to sort the fronts out

thanks in advance peeps.

well Im sure the guys could vouch for the mechanics at AME so I trust they know there stuff and I have to say im amazed I have not read about this before! maybe there are a lot of HR zeds out there with unsafe brake lines? I only need the fronts now and the HEL came as a four line kit! so in a quandary what to do.......

The HR suspension setup is just the same as the DE, and having fitted Hell lines to my 350GT i can only say that IMO the problem lies with the mechanics.

+1 i fitted mine last week and the only problem i had was that my P clip holes weren't big enough to fit the bolt through, so i drilled it out a little bit and job done.

They should look like the red ones in post number 3 when done correctly.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/66514-zed-leppelin-custom-oil-catch-can-complete-june-5th/

I had a problem with the fit of my Hel brake line. Andy at CS sorted it out.

It appears you have to retain the bracket that the oridginal line is fitted to. Use the original bracket to hold the new P clip, this should keep the line away from the wheel.

Edited by Ken

EDIT - talking rubbish! :surrender:

My driver side fouled after I fitted them myself, but 20 seconds later is was fixed by pulling a little more of the hose through the P-clip.

Edited by KyleR

If your running coil overs then you just use a P clip on the leg, but you also need to make sure you have the right angles on the unions to make sure that the hose doesn't naturally deflect toward the moving parts, obviously too complicated for the monkeys... err mechanics at the garage.