I think I've found my next car

twobears

Hardly.

The 350 is no more engaging, slower, has a poorer gearbox and at £8k will generally be at an age where money needs spending on it regularly. It wouldn't look nearly as good, either. (Because they simply don't!) The styling of the 370Z is a big kick-on from the 350.

I am not against older cars, indeed I have a 1957 and a 2004, but the 370 was a big step up from the 350 in most aspects bar outright power.

It's usefully more grunty though and lighter.

All 'in your opinion'

In 'my opinion'

370z is FAR more engaging than a 350z

370z looks much BETTER than a 350z

On top of that it has almost the same power :shrug:

My point is not that a 370z is crap, it isn't, just telling the OP to but a completely different car and pocket £10k is nonsense as she 'wants' that car.

Sent from the golf club...

sorted that for you Dave :thumbs::teeth:

• Like 1

Hardly.

The 350 is no more engaging, slower, has a poorer gearbox and at £8k will generally be at an age where money needs spending on it regularly. It wouldn't look nearly as good, either. (Because they simply don't!) The styling of the 370Z is a big kick-on from the 350.

I am not against older cars, indeed I have a 1957 and a 2004, but the 370 was a big step up from the 350 in most aspects bar outright power.

All 'in your opinion'

In 'my opinion'

My point is not that a 370z is crap, it isn't, just telling the OP to but a completely different car and pocket £10k is nonsense as she 'wants' that car.

Ruined that for you Dave :thumbs::teeth:

Oh dear this is really going to upset the 'quotes within quotes' brigade..... ooops :lol:

Hardly.

All 'in your opinion'

In 'my opinion'

Oh dear this is really going to upset the 'quotes within quotes' brigade..... ooops :lol:

nah - they'll be fine about it - there's no pictures in it

Hardly.

All 'in your opinion'

In 'my opinion'

nah - they'll be fine about it - there's no pictures in it

eruqugyv.jpg

Quote pyramids are for losers

Styling is subjective: For example, I find the mix of analogue, digital and textures in the 370 to be very jarring and awkward. I now prefer the exterior of the 370 to the 350, but I really didn't at first. In terms of the drive there's nowt much in it, but the 350 feels more raw and that appeals to me. I'd say the 370 is a fraction twitchier, but I preferred the steering and more planted feel of the longer wheelbase in the 350.

For looks, I'd have a 370 ragtop in Black Rose any day. For the drive, a solid HR 350 would be preferable, with a few £K in the pocket.

Meh, each to their own. Both good cars.

but the 370 was a big step up from the 350 in most aspects bar outright power.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Somebody stop this guy, he's killing me :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know thats why I can't help posting on this thread :lol:

The ragtop 370 is 1,000,000 times better looking that the 350 with the hood up, hood down I would still prefer the 350...

Have to say after being a passenger in 2 370's in Wales they are a lot noisier inside than the 350 too :headhurt:

Not sure what's so funny about (mainly) fact, docwra.

The 370 is shorter, wider, lighter, more powerful, more torquey, quicker and faster and (to most people) better looking than the 350.

Side by side the 350 looks dated and slightly ungainly.

Better gearbox too.

The first USA mag road test of the 370 I read said that Nissan ''had improved everything important in a sports GT''.

As a former car and bike road tester myself I would agree with that.

Edited by Peak 370

Also, the buying older and cheaper argument is pointless. I am shortly going to buy a 2011-2012 Nissan GTR. One of the few sports cars/GTs/etc I have not owned to date. My budget is £40,000, maybe a fraction more.

I could go and buy a 2008 right now and have money left over but so what? We can't take it with us so I am getting the best my budget will allow.

Side by side the 350 looks dated and slightly ungainly ...................

I disagree and so do many others on here ... IMO the slow sales of the 370 are partly down to the aesthetics of the newer model ... those ugly fangs at the front ... the lardarse of the roadster ... the over designed shape of the lights both front and rear ...

Side by side the 350 looks dated and slightly ungainly ...................

I disagree and so do many others on here ... IMO the slow sales of the 370 are partly down to the aesthetics of the newer model ... those ugly fangs at the front ... the lardarse of the roadster ... the over designed shape of the lights both front and rear ...

+ lots, not terrible but certainly not as nice as a 350, and from experience not as engaging to drive imo

My final comment on this.

For my sins, from everything I have read and heard, inc. those journos who have driven the 4C, it is overpriced, has a poor engine that would seem weak in a hot hatch, never mind a supercar/sports car and will likely let you down on reliability.

I have also spoken to two car journos today and yesterday regarding the 350-370 transition and the guy in Santa Barbara who I worked and drove with out there in the 90s said it best..."The 370s never gonna be a 911 or Cayman for sure, but when they gave it 12 more cubic inches they also made it lighter and faster. The styling is way better, just compare the lights/front end. The trans is better too, I love the 7 gear auto. Is it better than a 350? Shorter, wider, prettier, faster, more ponies and a better 'box? Man, you do the math! I love the 350. Nissan had balls to bring that thing out with 2 seats and a 3.5 V6 squeezed in for $30,000 when people were paying that for a Golf 1.6 But the 370 is the logical upgrade if you have a 350".

(Exactly.)

Well, if 2 car journalists say its better then it must be true ;)

People are allowed to have different opinions, just because a car journalist says something doesn't make it a fact which we must all agree with.

Also, when did shorter and wider become a particular plus point for a car?

Anyway, back on topic slightly, I like the look of the 4c but it does seem overpriced for what you are getting. I'd also like to see one with a car reg plate attached as I can't figure out where it would go on the front.

Edited by Gudzy