Exhaust (dont roll your eyes you might not have read this topic!)

Daruna

Evening all just had my Milltek catback fitted and its about half the volume of the OEM box. I'm pi**ed off about it but read about these berk test pipes in a million billion gazillion threads so ill get some and try and bring the V6 out. If anyone has a better source than ebay please share.

[mod edit: image removed. This is a family friendly forum]

Berk HFCs in stock or Invidia test pipes

Find it odd that they make the exhaust so quiet, seems pointless podding out all that money.

^^ I've just changed my stock exhaust for Berks HFC and a Invidia Gemini.

That makes her sound like a V6.

Purchased from Tarmac.

10/10 for fit.

10/10 for its new growl on tick over.

10/10 for its roar on the go pedal.

Been on just over a week now.

No complaints.

Except I didn't get a Tarmac sports sticker (FOC)

Hint hint Chris. ;):lol:

Thanks for comments, exhaust had a 20mm split which would account for your suspicions.

The Milltek needs either HFCs or decats to get the best from it, we offer both, so please let us know and we'll be happy to help... :)

Inboxed :)

If it's only half the volume of your stock box, I would suggest that your box either wasn't stock, or it was blowing like a bastard.

What he said. Nothing's as quiet as stock. See if HFCs help and if you're still not satisfied get saving up for a new system, and put this down to an expensive lesson about the value of thorough research.

miltek is renowned for being the quietest aftermarket exhaust in the world. Should have done a bit more research unfortunately.

This +1

If it was me I'd save the money on the HFC and either buy cheap set of De-Cats to test or Sell the Milltek and invest in a different exhaust, I feel you will be a bit disappointed still with HFC + Miltek if it already sounds quiet to you.

Options are Cobra, Custom (my route and love it!), invidia they are the most common, never hear complaints :)

Or you could pick up a 2nd hand Japspeed exhaust if you are after Noise, they can be found under £200

miltek is renowned for being the quietest aftermarket exhaust in the world. Should have done a bit more research unfortunately.

This +1

If it was me I'd save the money on the HFC and either buy cheap set of De-Cats to test or Sell the Milltek and invest in a different exhaust, I feel you will be a bit disappointed still with HFC + Miltek if it already sounds quiet to you.

Options are Cobra, Custom (my route and love it!), invidia they are the most common, never hear complaints :)

Or you could pick up a 2nd hand Japspeed exhaust if you are after Noise, they can be found under £200

Think you have not spotted the OP is asking about a 370 system as I have never heard of a 2nd hand Japspeed 370 exhaust being available...if indeed they make one for a 370?

Stillen has worked well for me in the 4.5 years it has been on my car and still brings out the :D s each time I turn the key.

This +1

Think you have not spotted the OP is asking about a 370 system as I have never heard of a 2nd hand Japspeed 370 exhaust being available...if indeed they make one for a 370?

Stillen has worked well for me in the 4.5 years it has been on my car and still brings out the :D s each time I turn the key.

I'll just grab my coat :lol: