Stolen keys

Akiragost

Heya guys, I got home and left my house keys with my car keys and cobra immobiliser left in the door, I think someone stole my keys, is there anything I can do? As in make it so their keys don't work on my end. What are the suggestions and where can I get it sorted ie. new keys? Barrels? Reprogramming a new code for immobiliser? What can I do?

If you have access to a Torx bit, remove the steering wheel. At the very least remove the battery and/or pull a coilpack.

Basically anything to make it really awkward to steal.

Do all of the above if you can. Anything to protect the car from being taken.

What a pita Akiragost. :surrender: Fingers crossed nothing happens because of it. ;)

• Like 1

I've removed radio, gear knob, steering wheel, battery lol where about is the ignition fuse!? It's getting dark outside lol and I thought my area was safe -_- will I need changing ignition barrels and door locks then? How much do these things cost and where to get sorted?? Is it diy able?

I've removed radio, gear knob, steering wheel, battery lol where about is the ignition fuse!? It's getting dark outside lol and I thought my area was safe -_- will I need changing ignition barrels and door locks then? How much do these things cost and where to get sorted?? Is it diy able?

You might have to if you don't get your keys back. :byebye:

Not sure where you'd get barrels/door locks etc from other than Nissan themselves? Maybe try Clark Motorsport on here? :shrug:

Take the wheels off! Lol, god ...I'd just drive it miles away and store it in a garage at a friends house. You might find some old lady turns up soon from down the road and give them back saying '' you silly numpty ! "

• Like 1

As everything above but regarding your front door, if it is a pvc one or one with a eurolock, you can put the key in and lock it but leave the key in the horizontal position, i.e 1/4 turn it and you can't unlock it from the outside with another key.

Hope you get it all sorted.

If you have access to a Torx bit, remove the steering wheel. At the very least remove the battery and/or pull a coilpack.

Basically anything to make it really awkward to steal.

And/or steering wheel lock, pull ignition fuse too.

Good luck!

Just remove the Engine, Gearbox, Exhaust, everything while you're at it :lol:

All jokes asides, hope no damage comes of it pal.

• Like 1

They might follow you to where your taking the car. They could be staking you out and waiting for the right moment

That would be particularly bad.

I lost my keys for about 6 months once, somehow they turned up INSIDE a sofa cushion :shrug:

Never a great idea to keep house and car keys together - lesson learnt for the future ;)

As regards replacement locks/keys for your ZED (if it comes to it) chances are someone like ZMANALEX on here might be able to help and he may be able to offer technical advice if you buy from him about what is necessary in making the changes.