Faint popping coming from exhaust when idling ?

MCook

I noticed the other day, when stood behind the car as it was idling. It is barely noticeable though I could hear it clearly where as my friend could not hear anything at all.. almost sound like puffs of air..?!!? not sure!

I've just noticed I get the same thing. Then I noticed my revs very slightly go up and down on idle. I think this started when I fitted my induction kit, I'm just gunna spray the throttle body with CRC cleaner and hope for the best!

Sent from Tapatalk

I also noticed this as over paranoid when I buy cars I felt it is worse when the a/c is not on in the car!.

I think its is just a 350z"normal thing".

as a few people have the same thing I don't think it is too much to worry about.

• Like 1

Mine pops to......sitting in traffic and every now and then I hear a small pop, also when the car is in gear but rolling down hill I get a few pops.......sounds great. I think it's to do with the Exhaust and pop charger (no pun intended)

Mine does too but only after a run when it's hot. I imagine it's something to do with HT leads or the rotor arm perhaps. Definitely something to do with firing.

Do I still have a rotor arm in my Zed... :scare: :scare: :scare:

Yeah could be the distributer cap................. :lol::stir:

Mine does too but only after a run when it's hot. I imagine it's something to do with HT leads or the rotor arm perhaps. Definitely something to do with firing.

Do I still have a rotor arm in my Zed... :scare: :scare: :scare:

Yeah could be the distributer cap................. :lol::stir:

you two are just being mean :p

ah! I take it I have made a boo boo, :dry: goes to show how often I lift the bonnet ;) well if it isn't that then i'm sure it's the flux compacitor. if i'm right you can send your thanks via e-mail to : rocksteady@iknoweverythingaboutcars.com

Don't take it to heart fella, :) its was just a bit amusing for some of us, your obviously used to older cars.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky
  • Like 1

ah! I take it I have made a boo boo, :dry: goes to show how often I lift the bonnet ;) well if it isn't that then i'm sure it's the flux compacitor. if i'm right you can send your thanks via e-mail to : rocksteady@iknoweverythingaboutcars.com

Don't take it to heart fella, :) its was just a bit amusing for some of us, your obviously use to older cars.

As an oldie I used to use feeler gauges on my contacts in thousands of an inch, rotating the engine to top dead centre of course. :wheelchair:

Don't take it to heart fella, :) its was just a bit amusing for some of us, your obviously use to older cars.

As an oldie I used to use feeler gauges on my contacts in thousands of an inch, rotating the engine to top dead centre of course. :wheelchair:

Yes, i too can remember using a fag paper to set the points on my magneto equipped bike, i still work in thou half the time.

today most think magneto is a character from X men.... ;)

Don't take it to heart fella, :) its was just a bit amusing for some of us, your obviously used to older cars.

oh no worries, I can see how that must have been funny. I didn't take it seriously, I like a bit of ribbing as much as the next man :teeth:

Yes, i too can remember using a fag paper to set the points on my magneto equipped bike, i still work in thou half the time.

today most think magneto is a character from X men.... ;)

only threw out my whitworth spanners the other day :lol: