Did I make the right decision (wont know till tomorrow)

dpbayly

Well my spoiler turned up yesterday so I prepped it and finished off its rough finish that I received it in then last night I had a go at wrapping it,

After seeing it in the flesh I realized wrapping it might not be possible so last night I used an off cut and had a go at wrapping the difficult part and I was right......

So this morning I got into work at 6am to spend a bit of time prepping it for paint I couldn't decide if to go gloss black to match the wheels and handles or Have a stab at trying to match the pearl Yellow this was the reason I was going to wrap it in the first place so to not have to worry about the colour match.

BUT I was unsure if gloss black would be to much so I had a crack at trying to match the yellow, like Iv'e said before matching a 3 stage pearl is so so difficult due to so many things that can effect the final shade but any way here it is in the booth:

Primed:

DSC_0048_zps43nlxkyx.jpg

DSC_0049_zpsz3aobqc9.jpg

Base Yellow on:

DSC_0050_zpsdb2jaooi.jpg

DSC_0051_zpskgqbnkds.jpg

Pearl coat:

DSC_0052_zpskwa9aj4p.jpg

Finally Clear coat:

DSC_0053_zpsjr4u5yaa.jpg

DSC_0054_zpshi6dj92d.jpg

I sprayed it in my 30 min tea break at 10am so after a 30min bake at 60 degrees at lunch I offered it up to the car to check the match and although it was better than I expected it wasn't good enough for my OCD'ness

DSC_0055_zpsm6nqpbph.jpg

DSC_0056_zps1uo6nzp2.jpg

DSC_0057_zpsvnhackuz.jpg

so back in the booth it goes and I planed on blowing over it with gloss black after work but during the afternoon I was thinking about it and took a different route..........

After work tonight I cracked on

Masked off:

DSC_0058_zpsu9dfkeje.jpg

DSC_0059_zpsghi10zgz.jpg

I then base blacked the areas unmasked then removed the masking and clear coated the whole thing again done this way you don't end up with a step between the black and yellow

DSC_0060_zpsofny0vxh.jpg

DSC_0061_zpso4xpejqg.jpg

DSC_0062_zpsmytqm0iy.jpg

DSC_0065_zpsnjqu0ch4.jpg

DSC_0066_zpsziipu8px.jpg

The advantage of doing this way it breaks up the 2 yellows and you wont be able to see a shade difference and It also complements the gloss black of the wheels and handles also the side profile of the side pieces mirrors the side profile of the gloss black rear lights.

Anyway I will get to see if it was the right decision in the morning when I get into work and offer it up........

• Like 1

Thanks everyone

Spoiler now fitted check out my build thread:

http://www.350z-uk.c...20#entry1312749

I like it. I take it this was the eBay copy? How was the fit?

If you could get a photo of the part that meets the boot I would be very greatful!

It is the cheap eBay copy and the fit was great it needed no pulling or pushing around to fit tight to the body here's a couple of close up pics for you:

Ignore the tape at the front its just holding it in place while the Sikaflex goes off

DSC_0035_zpsdaq96hfl.jpg

DSC_0034_zpslndjoscy.jpg