Is it my imagination or have 350Z prices increased?

NeilMH

Prices now are still the same as when I bought my '04, 2 and half years ago, so I think it's safe to say that they've certainly firmed up. However, higher list prices are due to the sunshine ;)

Prices now are still the same as when I bought my '04, 2 and half years ago, so I think it's safe to say that they've certainly firmed up. However, higher list prices are due to the sunshine ;)

I wouldn't have raised it were it not for the fact that I am seeing cars that are £1,500 to £2,000 more than I had expected. I may just be out of touch. I thought the "sunshine" impact was a few hundred quid?

I wouldn't have raised it were it not for the fact that I am seeing cars that are £1,500 to £2,000 more than I had expected. I may just be out of touch. I thought the "sunshine" impact was a few hundred quid?

Just did a quick search near me. The only one on Autotrader NI is a red 2005 roadster with 55k miles. They're looking £6995, sounds about right :shrug:

Just expanded my search to include the mainland within 200 miles.

2004 80k - £5250

2004 77k - £5495

2003 73.5K - £5800

2004 81.6k - £6250

2004 70k - £6350

Seems normal to me :shrug:

Dunno if it'll change but Zed prices, even the crap ones and oldest 2003-04 ones bottom out at about £4.5-5K Not bad for a car that wasn't a huge some of money in the first place and most will likely buy second hand lol

Just expanded my search to include the mainland within 200 miles.

2004 80k - £5250

2004 77k - £5495

2003 73.5K - £5800

2004 81.6k - £6250

2004 70k - £6350

Seems normal to me :shrug:

Yes - those are exactly what I would expect. I happened to look at recent ones ones Pistonheads, albeit I was looking at lower mileage cars than any of those.

It's summer, people are getting all optimistic.

I doubt actual selling prices have changed much.

You can always do an advanced search on ebay to find out what has sold, i know ebay isnt always gospel but would give a general selling price.

I have seen a few people on here put theres up for ridiculous prices recently....

The 350 will never raise in value as long as the 370 exists. Sorry :surrender:

Apart from the increased performance, spec, probably even drive, the 370z does nothing for me, the new sales figures would suggest i am perhaps not in the minority.

European sales figures:

350 370

03 - 2187 09 - 1032

04 - 6959 10 - 2211

05 - 5598 11 - 1458

It carries on in a similar pattern.

I would suggest that the 370z was a bit of a flop, regardless of its capabilities or improvement over the 350.

You can always do an advanced search on ebay to find out what has sold, i know ebay isnt always gospel but would give a general selling price.

I have seen a few people on here put theres up for ridiculous prices recently....

Apart from the increased performance, spec, probably even drive, the 370z does nothing for me, the new sales figures would suggest i am perhaps not in the minority.

European sales figures:

350 370

03 - 2187 09 - 1032

04 - 6959 10 - 2211

05 - 5598 11 - 1458

I would suggest that the 370z was a bit of a flop, regardless of its capabilities or improvement over the 350.

370Z arrived right at the start of the recession. Where as the 50 was still the boom years.

I was always sceptical of it and wondered why anyone would pay 2X what a 50 costs. But after driving the competition it can't be beaten as an overall package (Age, performance, reliability, extras etc).

Just sitting in it and closing the door before turning the engine over shows how far Nissan have come.

• Like 1

That's not exactly the way the trend goes. Often previous car models sell for more than its successor..

Plus it depends how much work has been done to the car.

At the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

European sales figures:

350 370

03 - 2187 09 - 1032

04 - 6959 10 - 2211

05 - 5598 11 - 1458

370Z arrived right at the start of the recession. Where as the 50 was still the boom years.

I was always sceptical of it and wondered why anyone would pay 2X what a 50 costs. But after driving the competition it can't be beaten as an overall package (Age, performance, reliability, extras etc).

Just sitting in it and closing the door before turning the engine over shows how far Nissan have come.

I dont disagree at all, it was a bad time all round and imagine it to be another level to the 350 in terms of quality etc :) From a personal prospective though i dont think it looks as good as a 350 and looks sell.

Sadly the numbers dont lie and would imagine that will be reflected at some point, maybe for the better as examples are thin on the ground, but i dont think it will affect the 350 one bit! I wouldnt imagine any of the big german manufacturers suffered as badly with any of their new models and the GTR that came out at at pretty much the same time certainly didnt stagger out of the dealers at a lot more money, people were paying premiums :)

European sales figures:

350 370

03 - 2187 09 - 1032

04 - 6959 10 - 2211

05 - 5598 11 - 1458

I dont disagree at all, it was a bad time all round and imagine it to be another level to the 350 in terms of quality etc :) From a personal prospective though i dont think it looks as good as a 350 and looks sell.

Sadly the numbers dont lie and would imagine that will be reflected at some point, maybe for the better as examples are thin on the ground, but i dont think it will affect the 350 one bit! I wouldnt imagine any of the big german manufacturers suffered as badly with any of their new models and the GTR that came out at at pretty much the same time certainly didnt stagger out of the dealers at a lot more money, people were paying premiums :)

True.

Also the F Type is outselling the GT86 now and thats double the price!

so what if they are going up or not, it's only worth what someone will give you for it. I'm going to sell my 2005 cat D 350z for £10.000, so prices are definitely going up! just got to wait for some complete cretin to buy it.

🙊

so what if they are going up or not, it's only worth what someone will give you for it. I'm going to sell my 2005 cat D 350z for £10.000, so prices are definitely going up! just got to wait for some complete cretin to buy it.

🙊

:teeth: