who's been there and done that - dad taxi !!

ioneabee

sat in a costa in Carmarthen whilst my son and 2 of his friends are in the cinema

got my laptop and a bit of work to do but fed up already

got here at 6pm - its unlikely I'll be leaving before 9pm :wacko:

Yes, when my daughter was 4, she had ballet lessons in Wrexham from 5 to 6:30. It's 12 miles away so I would walk to McDonalds have a burger and by the time I'd walked back it was time to go home. Then there was the gymnastics, she started aged 6 and continued until she left for UNI aged 18. At the peak of her powers, around 14-15 she would go 7 days a week :scare: . She also played football for Tranmere Rovers ladies so that was a 16 mile drive twice a week for training and a game every other Sunday to take her to and if it was an away game she'd need a lift to Birkenhead to get the team coach....and picking up again in the evening. Now she's got a good job I'm thinking of sending her a bill :lol:.

Pete

• Like 3

Reverse situation for me....

My 4 children all live at home, 2 have cars, 2 don't including the wife.

So I'm always asking the question, "Who wants a lift anywhere.....anybody....ANYBODY ?"

This is so I get the opportunity to drive the Zed :yahoo: .....which would otherwise be parked up all week :thumbdown:

I'm not a dad taxi yet ( my little one is only 5 months ) but I am a wife taxi and a sister taxi. Waiting in nurseries and mothers circles until they have finished their coffees and bitching about god knows what while i'm sitting in waiting rooms reading pamphlets about really uplifting things like "so, you've got an itchy arse hole" or some other informative thing about embarrassing foibles. Or, waiting in the baking hot car thinking "she said she'd be out by 4 and it's now 4.27" and to think it's only going to get worse. :bangin:

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 2

Chauffeuring my Mum and one of my sister & brother in law to my nephews wedding tomorrow, guess thats the price to pay for having a barge :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

Corrected that for you :teeth:

Oh and Andy, it gets better when your kids have their children you can remind them of the 'pleasure' :lol: